Genesis 2000 Rehab....

Yes, the lid lined up perfectly. Actually, when I called Weber to order the center portion of the lid because mine had become rusted they informed me it was no longer available. Then they told me that the later model lid was a direct replacement and I opted for it.

Hey Jonathan! Thanks for the reply. I ended up calling Weber and they sent me out the same lid! Fit perfectly! However, they soaked me for $130 bucks... Oh well, my grill almost looks as good as yours!
icon_biggrin.gif

Wes

I have a Genesis Silver B where the end caps cracked after a fall, right at where the hinge is to attach to the cooking box. Hoping Weber can hook me up with a lid that is cost efficient. I could handle 90 or 130, would hate to spend too much.

Going to see if I can weld the pieces back in place, not sure if it will hold or not.

I got a new lid from Weber for $90. I will still search for an original red one on CL maybe I'll find one. I used a commercial sandblaster - all parts came out like they were cast fresh.

WeberNewLid5.jpg

Jonathan,

I love seeing these older grills being rehabed, for one they are great operating grills, two they are built strong and you will get your money out of the rehab.
This is a very handsome looking grill and looks new,well done.

Back