Genesis 1000 parts pick and pull

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I have several Genesis 1000 style grills in various states of completeness. I am looking to get rid of them. That is the easy part. My scrapper would love them, but there a lot of great parts and even complete and serviceable grills begging to be rehabbed or stripped. If any one finds themselves in the Wisconsin Dells area (about 50 north of Madison, WI) and you want to check them out, let me know. I have a couple other models as well that I no longer have a use for. It is all FREE

Frames, lids, end caps, cook boxes, durawood, z-bars, control panels, manifolds, knobs, wheels, scales, drip pans, used burners etc....

In the not too distant future, my scrapper guy is going to get a call.

2023-07-08_195045.jpg

Last edited:
Gee Bruce, I would love to look over the “stuff”but, scheduling conflicts until probably after you will shed the goods,
Like JeffMA asked, have you had enough fun playing in the restoration pool? I’ve only done my maroon lid Genny that you walked me through and I know I don’t have the temper, patience or space to develop the skills to do the caliber of work that you do. I’m not sure I’d want to sink a ton of money in tooling for a hobby, I have an overfilled garage with the limited amount of tools I already have (let alone the flowerpot collection that gets shoehorned in every year! I love my wife.)

No guys, still into it. Just trying to concentrate on Silver/Gold B/C and later grills. With starting to get more into the E300's Genesis II's and stuff, I am running out of room for parts and grills and trying to get out of the 1000's and earlier. I just did a big swap with Jon and he brought some Silver B stuff and some E3xx stuff and I gave him a bunch of my parts for the 1000's. But as you can see, I still have a lot of full and parts grills left with lots of good parts and frames and lids still on them/with them. I do have a couple grills back there I am keeping, but by the end of the summer, I plan to have the rest of those grills gone. I just hope someone can grab them and use them before I have to fund my scrap guy's retirement plan.

Any thermoset side tables? I am casually looking for one for a silver B (you remember the cooler trolley project).

Last edited:
Bruce was a great host yesterday and this morning for or massive parts swap! I brought a very full truckload and hoped to come back maybe 2/3 full, but no I am overloaded again🤪. My wife will be thrilled🤥..

Bruce isn’t kidding about having a LOT of stuff still left. I will let Bruce answer specifics, but here are a couple pics: (I took them in part to show my wife that I am not the only one!)

IMG_2559.jpeg

IMG_2560.jpeg

No thermoset tables. Those are silver B parts which I am keeping. Most of these grills are Genesis 1000 or variations of such. I am going to keep the Skyline lid, but otherwise, I would love to see this stuff disappear.

No thermoset tables. Those are silver B parts which I am keeping. Most of these grills are Genesis 1000 or variations of such. I am going to keep the Skyline lid, but otherwise, I would love to see this stuff disappear.
Fair enough! I‘ll keep my eyes out for a donor on the side of the road.

Swing up? Or fixed?
Fixed, I moved that to the right side to accommodate the smaller cooler.IMG_0624.jpeg
I think the blue cooler is generally more than I need, it would look better as a “two table” piece.
After vacation, I’ll give it a good cleaning and sanding where needed and then paint it. I’m not in any rush at all.

Bruce was a great host yesterday and this morning for or massive parts swap! I brought a very full truckload and hoped to come back maybe 2/3 full, but no I am overloaded again🤪. My wife will be thrilled🤥..

Bruce isn’t kidding about having a LOT of stuff still left. I will let Bruce answer specifics, but here are a couple pics: (I took them in part to show my wife that I am not the only one!)

View attachment 74279

View attachment 74280
Assuming you had an uneventful trip home. Good to see ya today. Hope we can make a longer visit sometime soon!

Thanks, Larry! I did get home AOK and not even in the doghouse. Thanks for sharing those very nice older Genesis parts. That’s my plan for specializing. I brought Bruce all of my Silver and 300 parts and accessories. I could only take back a portion of the trove of x000 grill stuff he had, but I was glad we could finagle your parts in there as well😎! Those wood slat tables are amazing👍.

I hope the flavorizer bars work out well.

Glad you weren't in the dog house. (I know the feeling :D) been there many times. Definitely sure the bars will work like a champ.

Timothy, if you want to drive over, I could spare a couple thermoset tables. No right side swing tables though.
Thanks Bruce, not sure when I’ll get a chance to get over that way but, I’ll keep in touch.
I hope I can find something locally to save on postage and everything.

Yah, shipping is a killer for most deals these days. I wish some shipping outfit could figure out a better, more efficient, lower cost way to ship packages from one private citizen to another.

Back