Full Santa Maria Grill

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
We had Family and Neighbors over so I got to fire up the Santa Marie Grill. I really like this grill, I makes some great food and I actually get to play with the food instead of just putting it in the Performer and forgetting about it until its done.

Round one. Chicken and Some rib tips my neighbor gave me I call Mr. Wilson gave me. He is always peeking over the fence so Mr Wilson is a perfect nickname for him.
IMG_0420.jpg

Round two. the rib tips still need a little time and the rest of the veggies we have left from our Costco run earlier in the week that need to be cooked or go bad.
IMG_0423.jpg

Round Three. Some brats and burgers that were left hanging around. No other Pics after this point because I lost interest due to too many Adult beverages.
IMG_0427.jpg

I love Santa Maria grill. Chicken is always perfect on said grill..

Looking at your picture it's hard to say The Hitching Post could do better.

Nice!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mr Wilson is a perfect nickname for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Beautiful assortment of grilled food there "Dennis".

Never knew that Tim Taylor had a Santa Maria Grill... or that he moved to San Diego!
icon_wink.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Food looks awesome, John!!!! Nice to see that grill in action.

Great looking food John. I have been interested in a Santa Maria grill for quite some time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
Great looking grub john! I just bought a SM grill that fits right in my 26er. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shaun, care to share about your grill. I have a 26" OTS and would like to know what you bought.

Very nice, your friends and family had a great feast!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He is always peeking over the fence so Mr Wilson is a perfect nickname for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've wondered about the poor soul on the other side of the fence in your previous posts.

Wife: "WILSON! John is cooking again, why can't you cook like that??

Wilson: "Yes dear, sorry dear..."
icon_cool.gif

A big "urgh urgh urgh" to you John "the meat man" Solak.

"We had Family and Neighbors over so I got to fire up the Santa Marie Grill. I really like this grill, I makes some great food and I actually get to play with the food instead of just putting it in the Performer and forgetting about it until its done."

My wife isnt going to like this cause now I want one

John, I love that grill, especially full of such great looking food. I'd be happy to sit down to a plate of goodness that came off of it.
icon_smile.gif

Shaun, care to share about your grill. I have a 26" OTS and would like to know what you bought.[/QUOTE]

Steve,
I'm not sure where Shaun got his, but I know Lawton Chaney has made an adaption for the 22" kettle. I'm not sure about the 26", but Chaney could tell you more. Look him up at http://chaneysgrills.com and email him. I have pictures he emailed, but I don't have a URL yet to attach them.

As if I don't have enough outdoor cookers, I still can't help to have a little grill envy! Looks like a great meal!

This thread is one of the funniest I've seen in a while. Thanks for inspiring the replies with a great cook, John--and it does look GREAT! Shaun, I'd love to read about the 26 Santa Maria thingy too.

Back