Fried Rice[d cauliflower]

JKalchik

TVWBB Emerald Member
I've gotten in the habit of using leftover proteins in hash, or fried rice. My g/f has been on a high fiber diet for several years now, and went on a serious diet a couple of years back. Traditional fried rice really shouldn't be on her menu. Enter something inspired by The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond.

Fried rice, but made w/ riced cauliflower. She specifically requested fried riced cauliflower with left over pulled pork. Costco has shelf stable packages of riced cauliflower that's just about perfect for 2 people for dinner.

Dice up & saute off a medium onion. Add the riced cauliflower, and diced pulled pork. Add a sauce made from light soy thinned with water, honey, some toasted sesame oil, Chinese 5 spice power, and ground ginger. Let this all simmer down until most of the liquid has been evaporated or absorbed, and move it to the sides of the pan. Add 2 beaten eggs to the middle of the pan and scramble 'em up. Stir to combine, and add frozen peas (ideally, frozen peas & carrots,) and to heat through.

I should apologize that there really aren't any measurements, but I didn't measure a darned thing. About a quarter cup of soy, half to two thirds that of water, a tablespoon of sesame oil, a generous tablespoon of 5 spice, a tablespoon of ground ginger for the sauce. IIRC, the package of riced cauliflower was 9 oz, and I added 4 oz. of pulled pork.

Attachments

• IMG_20201112_173118092.jpg
    IMG_20201112_173118092.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 6

Back