Fried Chicken Thighs

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Your basic dredged chicken in flour and seasoned them with Lawry's, black pepper and granulated garlic.

Fried in a CI skillet direct and when the coating looked good removed them from the skillet and let them finish indirect.

Chicken removed when they hit 180

green beans done in the wok

Plated, used some of the grease and seasoned flour to make a gravy for the potatoes. Turned out really good other than I used a tad too much salt.

Well done bud, I love it but don't make it much anymore. After seeing your chix that is going to change. Great dish and photos

Outstanding cook and pics, as always John!
I'm craving fried chicken now!

do you buy Lawry's seasoning by the case? :p

Very nice John - that would get the deep south seal of approval any ol' day. I usually pan fry my bird to get the golden brown crust and then transfer it to the oven to completely cook. I never thought of doing that on the grill though. That is crazy creative dude! How did your grill fried bird compare to conventionally fried bird? It might be interesting to add a little smoke wood to the fire after moving indirect to infuse some additional flavor.

This might be the best looking fried chicken I've ever seen. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Looks very good John. Great idea to fix it all on the grill.
Have not had fried chicken in ages.

Back