Friday Evening Brisket and Butt on the WSM!!!

Ron Bullock

TVWBB Fan
Hope everyone's weekend is starting okay!! I got me a small 4.86 pound Butt and a small 4.81 pound Flat on the WSM as we speak!!! This is my second time at doin Brisket...My 1st brisket Flat was ok, but I saw where I went wrong...But it was still mighty tasty for my 1st try!! lol We'll see how tonight's smoke goes!! I'll post pic's when it's done!! Everyone have a good one!!!!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Ron

And this is my first try on the WSM with beef ribs.

FriBBQ-005ul.jpg

I'm trying out the suggestions as per:

YumYum

I've only had total (wife likes) success once with beef ribs with the kettle, I'm hoping I can master this elusive culinary mystery tonight.

Good luck to ya both

Donald, is that WSM on casters? If so, please tell me how you did it and what you used.

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Donald, is that WSM on casters? If so, please tell me how you did it and what you used.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike:

Yes my WSM is mobile as of this morning. I don't know how to link to a post but here's the thread I put some pictures of the build on:

Roving WSM

I used 1/2 electrical steel conduit and bent it with a pipe bender:

benderul.jpg

Er, well more like:

Bender-005ul.jpg

Home Depot sells the bender in the electrical section. I think this is the model number: 74-047.

I used the outline of the WSM lid as an outline to bend the pipe to that circumference then chisel and hammered one end of the pipe to fit into the other.

WSMmod-005ul.jpg

Next time I would first hammer the end of the pipe end before I bent it; much easier to hammer on a straight pipe.

I mounted threaded casters into the drilled pipe and supports with lock nuts. I had to hammer down the pipe on one side to get the nuts to catch.

WSMmod-002ul.jpg

And that was it, took me about 45 minutes and this baby is on the roll.

WSMmod-007ul.jpg

Donald, nice. Thanks for the pics. I also seen your charcoal lighter system. Great also. What other kind of great ideas do you have?

Harbormaster...yep wrong forum
icon_biggrin.gif
(bowhnter)

Cliff, yes it will be all over ...soon.

Ron, That mobile adaptation is cool. I put a brisket and two buts on my WSM at 20:00 last night. Right now, internal flat is 160 and the butts are 151! Good luck with your smoke!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Draper:

What other kind of great ideas do you have? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right now? Don't move the WSM with a full pan of water.

Pft

Back