Franklin Turkey Breasts

Jerry N.

TVWBB Emerald Member
In the spirit of doing something different, I’m going to do the Franklin Barbecue turkey breast this year. I found a natural (but frozen) bone in turkey breast. I’ll butcher that today and get it ready for the cook tomorrow. This whole turkey thing is crazy. No one in the family likes it and I’ve struggled to cook something that even I think is good, let alone great. If this doesn’t work out, I’ll override my traditionalist daughter and do something like a prime beef rib roast next year. I’m sure I can do that justice.

Been experimenting with turkey pieces myself.....looks good, every good looking recipes lately has boat loads of butter in it.......ribs, burnt ends..........

The turkey breast turned out pretty good. A few people thought there was too much pepper but everyone said they were the least dry I’ve ever done. Typical of our group, no one, not even me thought they were good, let alone great. That includes me. I did think they were the best I’ve ever done. Definitely worth a try if you actually like turkey. My main goal was to plant a seed to do some other type of meat next year. I’ll for sure at least bring some ham; one of my grandsons won’t even try the turkey any more, so I’ll have to have something for him. Maybe I’ll glue some turkey wings on a ham so my traditionalist daughter will “allow” the transgression of not having a turkey.

Still, the family got together and had a great day. Unfortunately, the Lions got their clock cleaned by Green Bay but it was still a good time.

I've made these before and the Franklin's recipe has too much pepper for most people, myself included.
I reduced the amount of pepper and also cut back on the butter and they came out pretty tasty.

Gonna try this, I just scored six 7-8 pound fresh turkey breasts on last day exp date for .50 cents/pound. Right in the freezer they went for future use.

Back