FourHour Double-thick Pork Steaks

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Over 2 inches thick-cut steaks, marinated in Wickers. Then seasoned with Blues Hog rub...
DSCN9367.JPG

...then on to the WSM set at 275ºF with apple and cherry wood for smoke.
DSCN9368.JPG

Now, back to the outdoor chores...
DSCN9369.JPG

After two hours, for no reasonable reason, i turned the steaks over for the last two hours.
DSCN9384.JPG

After another hour and one half, I sauced the steaks with Maull's Kansas City Barbecue Sauce. <span class="ev_code_GREY">GreatStuff!</span>
Thank You Mister Correll!
DSCN9390.JPG

Everything was groovin' pretty cool, listening to Herbie on the iPod...
DSCN9394.JPG

After another 30-40 minutes, the steaks were removed from the WSM & plated with roasted breaded Brussel sprouts & sugar glazed baby sweet potatoes.
DSCN9396.JPG

A fine, inexpensive bottle of Spanish vino was twisted & served with the pork.
DSCN9400.JPG

The Brussels were OK... the taters very tasty... the wine, fine.... and the pork steaks were terrific!! Love The Sauce!
I chopped the dickens outta this steak butt every piece was devoured before the night was over.
icon_wink.gif

Thank you for visiting, hope your Sunday is a dry one!

I hope there's a cup holder on that thing, and I love the "WSM" sponsorship on the back of the seat.

...Great cook.

Never done a 2"pork steak.Very nice job Jim.
So it took appox. 6hrs at 275°?
I bet they were tender after you marinated them.
Did you do a internal temp on them?
Thanks for sharing Jim.
Chuck.

Trade ya pork steaks, yours look better!

Another killer PS cook Jim!
I have never seen any food looking better than this!

Happy to hear that you like the sauce!
Love the 'sauce' that you sent me!

thanks for all the kind words
icon_smile.gif

Bill, these steaks were cut by order from Harry Hansen's Meat Service in Raymond.
Chuck, these FourHour Double-thick Pork Steak took only Four Hours, not Six.
icon_wink.gif

and no, i did not therm the internal temp.
Russ, 275º is ideal for low-slow porksteaks butt on a kettle, i have trouble keeping it that low. Not so on the WSM.
Yes, Mike... a LARGE cup holder on board.

For all the youngsters out there, the importance of good music during a cook cannot be over emphasized. The relationship between bbq and music goes back a long way! Good tunes is as an important ingredient towards the success of a cook as anything you'll fine in the Penzy catalog -

Jim displays impeccable taste by kicking a little Herbie Hancock while taming those monster porkers - I like it!

Back