For Work and Play

John Osmond

TVWBB Member
The other week, the office where I work decided to have a Mac-n-Cheese Friday just for fun. So I enlisted the help of my wife and we whipped up 2 versions in some Dutch Ovens. One with Peppers (From Weber Smoke), and the other was covered in Bread Crumbs.
ImageGalleryHandler.ashx

It was a huge success, but definitely a lot of work for my wife. Hey, is that Kim diggin in?
ImageGalleryHandler.ashx

So to thank my wife for all her hard work, I decided to whip up some Ribs.
ImageGalleryHandler.ashx

These were something the whole family could enjoy.
ImageGalleryHandler.ashx

It was a great weekend that all came together. Even the Garlic Spoon Bread (Weber Smoke) came out better than I expected.

John

Everyone, Thanks for the encouragement.

Jim, The larger took 45min with 9 coals on bottom and 18 on top. The smaller took just about 35min with 8 coals on bottom and 16 on top. It was nice getting the larger started before mixing up the smaller. Focusing on one at a time made the start less chaotic and they both came out at the same time.

Still searching for a Dutch Oven but one of these days I'm going to score one or two. Great looking meals.

Man John, that is one d lish us looking meal. I'll have to check out some recipes on the garlic spoon bread, sound interesting. Welcome aboard. Looks like this place is right in your wheel house!:)

I feel I must reply to you in my Native tounge "Slobber, slobber drool, slurp - burp" Which roughly translated means "Damn that looks good!"

Well I have to tell you that the Mac and Cheese was a big hit at work! Great looking Ribs John! Great first Post! :wsm:

Back