For CAT lovers

Few other bits of info about this guy.....

He had a hard start in life. He was picked up in a ditch, too young to be away from his Mama, with fang punctures on each side of his neck. A local feline rescue took him in and got him healthy. How he ended up with us.... that's a beer story.

When he was less than 2 years old, we figured out that he was having some respiratory problems. Lotta money later, and he's now on an inhaler twice a day. He comes to me voluntarily for his treatments, and just rumbles up a storm on my lap. He's trained into the inhaler very fast, and the video I've shown several folks including vets have surprised people with how willing and compliant he is with treatments.

More money...... he's also got bad teeth. 2 surgeries later, and he's only got 5 teeth left. At some point, he'll have the rest of his teeth extracted. He's still eating hard food.

We know that he's not likely to have a long and happy life, but we're gonna do what we can to make sure that he's happy and as comfortable as he can be.
I am just soo at a loss for words. I want to cry and hug you at the same time. You are one heck of a great guy 🥰 🥰

I am just soo at a loss for words. I want to cry and hug you at the same time. You are one heck of a great guy 🥰 🥰

All of our furballs are adopted as rescues. Adopt, don't buy. Too many critters need good homes. I'll get off that soapbox.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that all of them are telling me they're happy with me when they demand attention. Hera's been known to curl up on the back of the recliner and both snore and purr into my ear at the same time. Thor will also hang out there for a good scratch.

Last edited:
Few other bits of info about this guy.....

He had a hard start in life. He was picked up in a ditch, too young to be away from his Mama, with fang punctures on each side of his neck. A local feline rescue took him in and got him healthy. How he ended up with us.... that's a beer story.

When he was less than 2 years old, we figured out that he was having some respiratory problems. Lotta money later, and he's now on an inhaler twice a day. He comes to me voluntarily for his treatments, and just rumbles up a storm on my lap. He's trained into the inhaler very fast, and the video I've shown several folks including vets have surprised people with how willing and compliant he is with treatments.

More money...... he's also got bad teeth. 2 surgeries later, and he's only got 5 teeth left. At some point, he'll have the rest of his teeth extracted. He's still eating hard food.

We know that he's not likely to have a long and happy life, but we're gonna do what we can to make sure that he's happy and as comfortable as he can be.
You are a hero for undertaking this rescue and your commitment to your pets.

Just remember one thing about cats. They're the only pet that if they were larger would eat their owner in a flash. Ever wonder why, a cat will sit and stare at the owner while licking it's chops?

I just put out the putting mat for some Spring indoor putting practice and Maxwell decided to commandeer the mat most of the day.
1713374880299.jpeg

You are a hero for undertaking this rescue and your commitment to your pets.
Just for the record, "hero" is a bit strong, IMO. We didn't rescue him out of the ditch, but did get him from the feline rescue. Everything beyond that.... okay, that's on us, and we're just trying to keep all of them as healthy as we can.

Here he is, shortly after we brought him home.
IMG_20151004_132839_729.jpg

Just remember one thing about cats. They're the only pet that if they were larger would eat their owner in a flash. Ever wonder why, a cat will sit and stare at the owner while licking it's chops?

2 out of our 3 owners are rather food obsessed, and have no qualms about letting us know that it's chow time. If I kick the bucket, I would not be surprised in the least that they start with my eyeballs.

Cats are also the perfect proof that world is not flat. They haven't been able to push everything off the edge. :)

Back