Food That Built America features the beginnings of barbecuing and George Stephen creating the Weber Kettle.

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I just enjoyed the Season 4, Episode 11 of The Food That Built America. The topic was the start of barbecuing. It was cool that they gave a few minutes to George Stephen :george: creating the first Weber kettle. :originalkettle: They even included the legendary story of George trying out his creation in his backyard struggling to keep the fire from going out. A watchful neighbor says “George, the grill needs some air!” A fun watch.

I love this show and this was a really great episode. We all knew that Henry Ford came up with Kingsford charcoal, but this was a really good representation of where it came from.

I just enjoyed the Season 4, Episode 11 of The Food That Built America. The topic was the start of barbecuing. It was cool that they gave a few minutes to George Stephen :george: creating the first Weber kettle. :originalkettle: They even included the legendary story of George trying out his creation in his backyard struggling to keep the fire from going out. A watchful neighbor says “George, the grill needs some air!” A fun watch.
Also, could you imagine knowing what you know now about BBQ and slow cooking and smoking and what a God you would be if you went back to then and started smoking meats :)

Back