Foiling question

Charlie D.

TVWBB Member
I have some bb's on the wsm and I want to try foiling and the 3-2-1 method for the first time just to compare it to the no-foiling method I usually use. Rather than roll them, I cut the slabs and put them on a rack this time, so I have six half-slabs. When I foil, do I make individual packets or put a couple in a packet? Thanks in advance.

End to end, yes, you could. Stacked, I wouldn't. Also, don't take that 3-2-1 literally, especially with BBs. I would start checking for tender after 30 minutes in foil and every 15 thereafter.

30 minutes got them pretty darn close; good call. Took the foil off and I'm just firming them up a bit with a sauce/honey mixture.Thanks again Doug.

3:1:1 seems to work pretty well with my BB's. At least at the temperature my WSM likes to settle in at.

I always use a rack and cut the slabs in half. When I go to foil them I put them end to end with a little sauce and honey plus apple juice spritzer. Then I place the individually foiled ribs on top of each other.

Back in the rack for an hour or so and a final light glaze at the end is my usual method.

That's what I did Jason, except I used apple juice on half of them and cranberry on the other half. The honey and sauce glaze at the end really made them look good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Albright:
Charlie - How were the ones you did with cranberry? I've always wonderend about pork and cranberry?

-Matt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very good, but the apple ribs were a little better IMO. I don't normally foil, so the whole cook was an experiment to me.

Back