Florida Style

Kaz S

TVWBB Pro
Pulled out some Florida style for this cook. At piggly wiggly I found some weird CSR's they were like baby backs with a section of loin attached. Kinda different. Florida style.

Also, found some chestnut chunks from Cantonment, FL. Thought it'd be nice to try that out, too.

photo-91.jpg

Seasoned up them CSR's with some Zararain's big & zesty original and plopped straight onto the my SS grate in my ol platinum.

photo-90.jpg

After it bathed in the warm smokey confines of my weber grill until I deemed it tender I *slathered them Florida CSR's with Florida's own Hog Wallow BBQ Sauce from Felda, FL.

photo-86.jpg

Good stuff

photo-85.jpg

I don't think this stuff gets enough credit. It's tasty BBQ sauce for sure.

photo-84.jpg

And plated it up Florida Style with some weak looking Florida corn and some cheddar explosion Mac-n-Cheese - it's a box. Trust me it's Florida style.

photo-82.jpg

photo-83.jpg

I slathered that weak looking corn with mayo and jalepeno powder with gave it a powerful punch. Love it like that.

Don't worry America your corn will be there soon. We got our best out there on it right now.

photo-88.jpg

photo-89.jpg

Thanks, i hope you enjoy yourself wherever you are.

The chestnut was great too. The smoke from it smelled like marshmallows on fire, you know when u roast marshmallows and it catches and you gotta bring it in and blow it out. It smelled like that, a very sweet pleasant smell. I liked it alot.

Last edited:
How was the Hog Wallow on the CSRs? I may have to try that. I'm a huge fan of Gator Hammock products.

Loved it, gonna use the rest of the bottle on some real baby backs this Saturday. I will be ordering more. It coulda used more heat. It had just a hint of their gator sauce kick on the back end. Like they say, sweet kills the heat. But, I liked it.

Great stuff Kaz, I picked up some the other day but soaked them babies in roasted garlic and teriyaki, they were so good, along with some Florida Zellwood corn on the grill

Back