Float Plane Fishing trip

Joe V

TVWBB Fan
Spent three days at the end of June / beginning of July with some buddies camping and fishing a remote trout pond in the Adirondacks.

We arrived by float plane because it's a 3 mile hike in otherwise. One of my buddies remarked that the plane was a lot like his MG but with wings and he wasn't far from the mark. We ended up having the pond to ourselves the entire weekend and the trout they was a biting.
icon_biggrin.gif

Guess we'll be having trout on the one-touch Platinum at camp in a couple weeks.
icon_wink.gif

Floatplane.jpg

Gear.jpg

Instruments.jpg

ViewFloatPlane.jpg

AbeJohnAndTomJr.jpg

TirrellPond.jpg

Trout.jpg

Originally posted by Bob Sample:
Nice bunch of brookies. Where you fly fishing?

We brought our fly rods and wet flys but these were all caught on our spin rods with lures and live bait. There had been a spell of hot weather and that was keeping the brookies deep below the surface.

We released as many as we kept and missed hooking just as many. The trout we kept had taken the bait deep and by the time we got them back in the water weren't going to survive.

Nice weekend and NICE catch! Is it me or did that plane change colors from taking off to landing? Guess it was so cold it turned blue
icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Rob M:
Nice weekend and NICE catch! Is it me or did that plane change colors from taking off to landing? Guess it was so cold it turned blue
icon_razz.gif

Laughing! No, it took two planes two trips to fly us and all our gear out to the pond.
icon_smile.gif

Man!

Beautiful country
Good fishing
Good weather

Sounds like a perfect "mental-enema" weekend up in T. Roosevelt Country.

Did you try hoppers or imitations of them?

Thanks for letting us hitch a ride with ya'

Back