First Pizzas of... ummm.... Summer?

Jon Des.

TVWBB Gold Member
With it 80 degrees today, I took some time to clean off the patio furniture so we could make and eat dinner outside. It's so hard to believe this is March in PA. And we're still playing with the new camera, so bear with me.

First up is some shots of jalapeno-cheddar-Canadian bacon biscuits that Erin whipped up last night to go with a big salad.

Dropped.
DSC_0044.jpg

Close up.
DSC_0047.jpg

Baked.
DSC_0056.jpg

Now on to the star of the show. Pizza fixings on one of my best grilling tools: a big Ikea tray.
DSC_0068.jpg

Stone on top of some firebricks along with two other pizza grilling essentials: beer and an infared thermometer.
DSC_0069.jpg

Cooking away.
DSC_0076.jpg

And as we've seen the past few cooks, my photographer/sous chef wandered off.
DSC_0088.jpg

At least the boys were still on guard and remained interested.
DSC_0098.jpg

First pie done.
DSC_0099.jpg

And plated. One enormous jalapeno covered both pies, but in hindsight I wish I would've made an enormous ABT out of him.
DSC_0102.jpg

Crust came out great, especially for wheat.
DSC_0107.jpg

And the second pie.
DSC_0112.jpg

Just to prove that it really is summer, here's a blurry shot of a bat. In case you're wondering, they're really tough to photograph (much like Loch Ness Monsters and Sasquatch, I suppose). He's that black speck in the middle of the frame.
DSC_0153.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Jon the pizzas look great. Think I'll go "stuff on top" with my next ones. Those biscuits look great also. My wife makes them with ham, onion and cheese. I guess we both have great wives.

Pizza looks super! I love the setup! I use the same! Very very nice cook...might have to have that for dinner!

Back