First Overnighter-success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael McD

Long time lurker , and I thought I'd say hello to you friendly folk:

Just had my 1st overnighter on the WSM - ( a 8lb Pork "picnic" ) -

after 16plus hrs it was ready to rock @ 190

Needless to say it was awesome - used the yellow mustard rub with some homemade BBQ rub -
the meat was a hit with the father-in law ( to the tune of 4 "samachez"

Used the Minion for the fuel - that bullet kept the temps nice and steady in the 225-250 range ...had a few spikes when I forgot to check the water level but overall it was smooth sailing.

Thanks guys for getting me hooked /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mike,
Glad to hear your 1st overnighter was a success. Sounds like you have it good with the in-laws, after four sammiches!!! Welcome aboard!!

Yeah, if I only knew how to cook ribs when I was dating, I could have really impressed my father-in-law. Instead, I had to spend about 10 years going to college and working my way up the ladder before I started being okay.

Now, I invite him over for ribs and I'm the greatest son-in-law there is. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I had to spend about 10 years going to college and working my way up the ladder <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> So, how expensive are those ribs?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

(just kidding)

Just a bit of an update:

Had poker night w/ the guys last night and the Mrs. suggested I bring some leftovers to the game. One part of me was thinking that it was a great idea...the other part was thinking "I kinda want all of this for me."

Everyone loved it ( not a sliver of meat to be found)..although after several hours of poker and several beers , I think they would have liked wax paper if I put a nice rub on it /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

No pix this time but I will the next time

The in-laws visited from AZ last weekend, and I fixed marinated chicken thighs, and spare ribs. Father-in-law-- normally a very chatty guy-- chose the ribs, and didn't say a word until his plate was nothing but a pile of bones-- very clean bones. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back