First Cornell Chicken of the Year.

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
This is by far our favorite grilled chicken recipe. We do it a lot so I don't post it every time we grill it but this was the first of 2012, so what the hay...added some Mexican grilled corn and some store bought bacon wrapped dates for an appy.

Ready to go.

IMG_0049.jpg

Chicken and dates on for the first 15 minutes. Chicken un-sauced.

IMG_0050.jpg

15 minutes later the dates were done and the first flip and saucing of the chicken..

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

15 minutes later, second flip and saucing of the chicken and added the corn.

IMG_0053.jpg

15 minutes later everything is done.

IMG_0054.jpg

Plated. Corn brushed with the Mexican sauce...mayo, sour cream, cilantro, parmesean, lime juice and chili powder.

IMG_0055.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

There goes my old eyes again, coulda swore the header was First Correll Chicken of the Year
icon_rolleyes.gif

Still think my name is on a couple of those pieces.
Terrific summertime cook Don!

In the summertime, when all the trees and leaves are green
And the redbird sings....

Great looking meal all the way around!!! Sweet! Love it all! My wife is a big fan of the mayo corn as well!

Thanks for sharing!

Since you are starting to take over the board the last 2 weeks...And i have had 2-3 weeks off im only gonna respond in one thread. I guess this "town" is big enought for the both of us
icon_wink.gif

Love to se you post again mate. And since cornell is my #1 chicken cooks aswell i will post everything in this one.

Superb looking chicken. Your way of doing cornell differs a bit from mine. But yours always looks better
icon_rolleyes.gif

I will give it a shot.

And the Filled Zucchini Rolls is a must try 4 sure! And an A+ on those filé´s!
icon_smile.gif

The tacos...Dont even get me started. One of Emilies favorite cooks. You said it might not give any extra flavour? With the lid on and a small peice of wood it will for sure. We LOVE it!

And the "Goat Cheese & Sun Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breast" looks outstanding buddy!

Anyway...Nice to have you back Don! Say hi to the family from Us!

Great looking chicken, Don! That whole plate of goodness made me hungry, and lunch is still two hours away.

I have been trying to find the recipe for cornell chicken, but when I do a search, I am coming up with the roadside chicken.
Could someone kindly point me in the right direction?
Thanks!!

By the way Don yours looks great!!

Looks great Don! It's definitely that time of the year.

Michele - here's a link to the recipe straight from the source. It was evidently developed in the agriculture department at Cornell back in the early 60s. No offense to Jim or Bobby Flay, but I think it's even more interesting to know that's why it's called Cornell Chicken.

Back