First Cook Off..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Harvey

TVWBB Super Fan
I woke up an hour early this morning. I forgot to set my clock back.

We didn't do that good yesterday... Wow.. I never thought smoking meat could be such hard work... lol... We came in last place.. Oh Well...

We smoked barbecue spare ribs today.... there will also be eight teams cooking today. (only 6 yesterday) I never really realized how much work and preparation these guys put into cooking barbecue.... we plan on working a little harder today and taking the competition in a little more serious. Everybody keep your figures crossed and wish us luck.

CHEERS!!!

Bugg /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WE won fourth place in the rib category... had a great time...and made several good friends ...

CHEERS!!!

bugg /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The Jesup Georgia Rotary Club put on this cookoff and it turned out to be a fantastic time. We had six teams cooking on Saturday and eight cooking on Sunday. This was a nonsanction cookoff and we only had two categories, wild meat and pork ribs. Next year we will have four categories, probably chicken, boston butt, wild meat and pork ribs.

I did not promote members of this room coming to the event because I was a little concerned about the outcome. However the cookoff turnout great. Next year I think anyone who is interested in participating and lives in this area should try to be here. It was a lot of fun.

I also would like to thank Kevin Taylor and the other guys that responded to my request for help in setting up this event. Without your help and suggestions this event would have not taken place. Thanks again guys!!!

Cheers!

Bugg /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back