First Comp Pics.

Andres L.

TVWBB Member
So I entered a rib cook-off sponsored by the San Jose State Softball Team. Out of 22 entries We placed 13th. Not bad for our first effort, but I think if we did a few simple things differently we probably would have placed higher.

NuthinButaQThang_zps4cc3aa63.jpg

One of our team members is a graphic designer, so he came up with this

1385464_10202236107608759_1986949223_n_zps9f69471f.jpg

We had to prep 12 racks of spares on site. That was fun.

Rubbed up ready for the smoker

After being unwrapped letting sauce set.

All boxed up ready for judging. I wish we woulda took more time and made this a little better.

All in all a good time. We;re hoping for more in 2014

very nice lookin ribs! question from someone contemplating entering an amateur comp, what happens to the rest of the ribs?

James, Bill, Tim, Tony Thanks all.

Benji, this comp was a bit different. Since it was a fundraiser the extras were given to the public in exchange for tickets they bought.

In a typical comp the leftovers are yours to do with what you want.

James, Bill, Tim, Tony Thanks all.

Benji, this comp was a bit different. Since it was a fundraiser the extras were given to the public in exchange for tickets they bought.

In a typical comp the leftovers are yours to do with what you want.

gotcha, yea the one im thinking of entering i think is similar, you have the option of 'selling' to the public, they have to buy 'pig bucks' and pay with 'pig bucks', then you turn in the pig bucks you made and get a check cut to you.

not sure how ya'll lost after seeing those pics! must have been some payoffs behind scenes.

Back