First Brisket

Breton Munns

Well after success with my ribs I decided to smoke my first whole brisket. Made a rub with black pepper, garlic, Old Bay, and kosher salt. Currently is in the frankensmoker at ~220 and rising. Fired it minion method with briquettes in the bottom and covered it with mesquite lump. 5 fist sized chunks of hickory for smoke wood. Hoping for an awesome dinner at ~6 tonight.

Thanks for an awesome site with tons of good info.

Well my temps settled in at ~ 240 around noon so I left for 4 hours to go cut a Christmas tree. Got back at 4 pm and temp was still at 240. Internal temp of the meat 165. So a few more hours and it's dinner time.
icon_biggrin.gif

My first brisket turned out great thanks to this site that is filled with great info. Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Breton Munns:
My first brisket turned out great thanks to this site that is filled with great info. Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tim is right. No pics, no brisket
icon_smile.gif

Back