Finally !!! My kettle arrives!

Frank H

TVWBB Gold Member
24fb42a7cdad2409709d408120825a02_zps24305e9c.jpg

99e3d766ea470c2e016856d8b401740c_zps31138a31.jpg

8ed8ddc092db639c541c343a46cda15f_zps85633196.jpg

027bcbd2cbdf6f4c7426a2633d982732_zps04ae2751.jpg

Just did did some sausages to break it in a bit. I like this a lot.

Congrats on the shiny new OTG, Frank! Gotta love em. I gave my 22.5" OTG to a neighbor that helped me out on a big yard project, but that only left me with my 26.75" OTG (CL find), my Performer (clearanced out when HD quit carrying the one with gas assist in stores), a seldom used SJ, and a jumbo SJ. These Weber charcoal grills are ADDICTIVE!

It love it that your new OTG has the temp gauge and tool hooks. Very cool, and no mods required. But those sausages look so lonely! We were in the mountains last week and the last evening there I grilled a couple of trout, two ribeyes, four taters, and a bundle of asparagus, all in my jumbo SJ. Even the Missus was impressed!

Sorry for rambling! Have fun with the new kettle! Oh yeah, one thing you can do with those baskets is take them apart and use the side and bottoms as an adjustable charcoal fence for two zone cooking. It's the best setup when you need all the grilling space you can get.

Last edited:
Woo hoo, Congrats!

thanks , man. I am psyched!

Congrats on the shiny new OTG, Frank! Gotta love em. thanks. I do love it already
It love it that your new OTG has the temp gauge and tool hooks. Very cool, and no mods required. I love that too....I was also pleased that the hinged cooking grate was included and the built in lid hanger.But those sausages look so lonely! We were in the mountains last week and the last evening there I grilled a couple of trout, two ribeyes, four taters, and a bundle of asparagus, all in my jumbo SJ. Even the Missus was impressed! I know the sausages seemed like a waste with no company , but it was one of those days...no time to plan or think .they were wicked good , though.

Sorry for rambling! Have fun with the new kettle! Oh yeah, one thing you can do with those baskets is take them apart and use the side and bottoms as an adjustable charcoal fence for two zone cooking. It's the best setup when you need all the grilling space you can get.
thanks for that heads up I will remember that.

2,125 posts w/o OTG ?????? How is this possible? Well done!
I don't know how I waited so long! I have been sure I wanted the kettle for over a year ! Well , I will make up for lost time now , I hope.

8e9d1df210d98b76079caeb559b3177f_zpsb6051a2b.jpg

Last edited:
Love the classic black even though I went crimson this year. Got my first one from my parents 14 years ago and still have it. If I had to slim down to one grill it would be my OTG. You can cook everything on their. Enjoy the clean look, it won't stay that way for long.

The Gold model kettle is in my mind the best value and most versatile grill you can own you can do so much with so little.
Congrats on the new grill and your first cook, i bet that dog tasted good.

Back