Finally got a performer

Rick Body

TVWBB Pro
Well I haven't been on here for a while and have not even been grilling/smoking as much :(, but have been trying to get back into it. My schedule has been a little crazy.

I have (2) 18.5 wsm's, a smokey joe and a ot silver, but I have been wanting a performer pretty bad. (It's a crazy addiction we all have ). I stopped using my old gasser in favor of charcoal.

My sister wants my ot and I told her she could have it in Sept. so I almost ordered a new one on amazon a couple of weeks ago, but just couldn't pull the trigger for $349... Glad I didn't because late the other night someone posted a used one on CL for $75. I wasn't sure from the add if it was a platinum or just the performer but I figured a good project would be to put my own propane starter on it. When I went to pick it up though, it was a platinum and was practically brand new, and had a cover!

So instead of $349 + 39 for a total of $388, I got it for $75. yay.

Now I just have to figure out what to do for my first cook on it

Congrats!
I would suggest a weekend of grilling to properly break it in. Post the cooks if you can...:D

Wow! What a deal! I wonder what sad circumstances caused her to move to an apartment and give up her Performer.

I picked up a platinum performer at an estate sale about a month ago real cheap and in great condition and with all the great features whats not to like.
Wish I found one sooner, really a great grill. Enjoy your new find and hope you have many great meals with it.

I think they were a young military family since they lived right by a base. She said something about wanting to get a smoker eventually so I told her all about the wsm

Unbelievable deal! I have "Performer Platinum" envy. Guess I'll keep looking for a deal in my neck of the woods.

Well I haven't been on here for a while and have not even been grilling/smoking as much :(, but have been trying to get back into it. My schedule has been a little crazy.

I have (2) 18.5 wsm's, a smokey joe and a ot silver, but I have been wanting a performer pretty bad. (It's a crazy addiction we all have ). I stopped using my old gasser in favor of charcoal.

My sister wants my ot and I told her she could have it in Sept. so I almost ordered a new one on amazon a couple of weeks ago, but just couldn't pull the trigger for $349... Glad I didn't because late the other night someone posted a used one on CL for $75. I wasn't sure from the add if it was a platinum or just the performer but I figured a good project would be to put my own propane starter on it. When I went to pick it up though, it was a platinum and was practically brand new, and had a cover!

So instead of $349 + 39 for a total of $388, I got it for $75. yay.

Now I just have to figure out what to do for my first cook on it

Great Deal! You should be proud.

You're going to fall over after you eat your first steak done on the sear grate. Try a reverse sear. Just awesome. Good luck and good grilling/smoking.

Are you sure you didn't accidently post pictures of a new performer???? Excellent shape, very nice score!

Back