Finally Found Me A Gas Grill

Michael Perez

TVWBB Member
Picked this one up off of Craigs List for $50.00. It has a little rust here and there but hey it works and even came with the cover and propane tank.. The wife asked me if I was going to keep it or sell it, told her keep it until a better cheaper one came along
icon_smile.gif

Wow - looks like a nice Silver-C

Cast Irong Grates raw or porcelain-coated?

I'd say you got a helluva deal there, Michael.
That 50-dollar Weber will cook WAY better than about 60% of the brand-new grills that are available in stores.

Looks like whoever had it before you used it at least once in a while, but took pretty good care of it. (It's got cooking residue in the right places, but seems pretty clean where it should be.)

Ron, they are just the plain cast iron grates, we tried it out and was surprised as to just how hot the grates get, nice grill marks for sure..

Michael, I have that same exact grill except it's hooked up for natural gas, not propane. And I absolutely love it!

I'm not quite sure how old this model is, as I purchased from the guy I bought my house from over 6 years ago. Needless to say, it still works perfectly. The burner and starter are all original.

I moved recently and was thinking about selling it. I was even offered $250 for it, but I turned it down. A grill of this nature would cost around $700 to replace.

Anyways, fantastic deal! Enjoy...

50 bucks is a screamin deal, I paid 150 for the same used grill + 2 propane tanks and a set of grill tools a couple years ago!

It looks like its in great condition. Did you clean it up? Great deal, it cooks better the other brands HD and Lowes sell, you know, the ones that are outside in the front.

Awesome score, man. That's going to look great in "the armada" of grills you have. The side burner is AWESOME for lighting a chimney starter.

I have the exact same grill, paid 90 for mine with porcelin coated grates that are starting to rust. Nice work.

hi
i have the same model here down under
paid $149 for it with a cover
am currently adding a right hand side table i took off a silver b that had left and right tables

Back