Favorite hot sauce.

I'm partial to my own hot sauces, fermented with a variety of homegrown peppers, especially the green Jalapeno and the red Serrano. I do keep Louisiana hot sauce in the cupboard and use it in Cajun and Creole foods as well as in mops and sauces. I also keep a variety of dehydrated and ground peppers on hand so have plenty of dry alternatives to perk thing up with.

A friend of mine who is from Mexico was sharing some of his tacos with me one day at work over lunch break. He was using Valentina's on them. I tasted it and was hooked. He said it's all he and most people use. I also like Cholula's. Both are all I keep in the fridge now.

Well I’ve picked up a few to try, I have one more to grab and I’ll be good.
Eating healthier these days and just want a little kick in what I’m eating.

Thanks for all the excellent input.

I like all sorts of hot sauces. I guess my favorite is original Tabasco. I don't find it particularly hot but I like the flavor it adds. In an other thread I think I mentioned that I mix Tabasco about 50/50 with ketchup. Oh, wait... THAT was the thread, I think... the catsup vs ketchup thread...:ROFLMAO:
Oh yep, my mom and stepdad did the 50/50 with Crystal for tacos! Yep had forgotten

F

Ok cool, that’s a little more mainstream than I figured. I’ll swing by Mollies today.

Thanks.
Yeah, when they started, you had to be a firefighter to get it......then you had to buy it direct.....now it's relatively easy to find. :)

R

Well, there should be at least one you like in that group, Bruno!! :)

Hope you have enough pantry space in your temporary digs!

R

I have plenty of different hot sauces but my usual go-to is Tabasco which is why the other bottles never get emptied. The reason I like Tabasco, as already mentioned above, is the flavor. It's not the hottest sauce, but it has such a nice flavor. HOWEVER, I've recently become hooked on two sauces from Mexico which go great with birria tacos. They both have a very nice flavor. Both are made from peppers grown in the state of Jalisco. The green sauce is made from Poblano peppers and Habanero peppers. Since the Poblano peppers are mild, they serve to dilute the heat of the Habanero and I think it allows more of an opportunity to enjoy the Habanero flavor. The red sauce is made from Arbol peppers which are stronger than jalapeno peppers. Both are excellent hot sauces in my opinion.

De-La-Viuda%C2%AE-Hot-Sauce-Blog-post-photo-3-1-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
Our youngest daughter is a fire eater. Nothing too hot for her. A couple of years ago, Miriam was looking for stocking stuffers and found a hot sauce from Australis called "Sh*t the Bed". Daughter said it was no joke and was very good and very hot. One of her favorites now.

I bought a gallon container of the Crystal X-Tra Hot.
Some of my other favorites are High River Sauces Roque and anything from CaJohn.

I bought a gallon container of the Crystal X-Tra Hot.
Some of my other favorites are High River Sauces Roque and anything from CaJohn.

Haha I bought a gallon of Tabasco at the factory in Louisiana while on our honeymoon. New Iberia, Louisiana. Big glass jar shaped sort of like a giant moonshine jar. We did a tour of the factory, and then afterwards we toured the company gardens on Avery Island, which actually had all sorts of exotic plants. Not expecting that at all!

Haha I bought a gallon of Tabasco at the factory in Louisiana while on our honeymoon. New Iberia, Louisiana. Big glass jar shaped sort of like a giant moonshine jar. We did a tour of the factory, and then afterwards we toured the company gardens on Avery Island, which actually had all sorts of exotic plants. Not expecting that at all!
Avery Island is a great visit. I was maybe 10 or 11 when I did the tour. Tell my daughter we need to, just so far for us haha. But will happen again!

Some good stuff here,

So far Secret Aardvark is very much what I was looking for, I can see it being my new go to.

Yellow Bird Serrano and the Palo Alto FF are really good too. That would make a nice trio to keep on hand.

My go to is Texas Pete!!
I know its not exotic as some of the others but it adds a little heat. I used to live down the street from where its made.

Back