Father’s Day Brunch

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
My son and his wife came in early this morning from their cross country move from Washington
state and on the way to his new Coast Guard duty station in Clearwater, Florida. Neither one
has had my BBQ since they have been gone for 3 years, so BB ribs were on the agenda for brunch.
BB’s were seasoned with Bone Suckin Sauce rub and Penzeys BBQ 3000 (the one with the toothpick).
DSC_7046.jpg

Put onto the WSM with a few small chunks of wild apple wood. Going to cook these high heat,
so all vents wide open and BB’s on when I added the lit charcoal.
DSC_7051.jpg

Ribs are done after 2:30 minutes (90 minutes direct, 45 minutes in foil with apple juice and
chicken broth, then direct on the grates for 15 minutes, with a light glaze of homemade BBQ sauce).
Going to rest while the side dish is completed.
DSC_7057.jpg

Homemade Mac n Cheese onto the smoker. No blue box stuff here!
icon_biggrin.gif

DSC_7063.jpg

Getting ready to dish up!
DSC_7067.jpg

Here’s your plate!
DSC_7071.jpg

Exceptionally juicy and tender ribs with a good bite to them. Mac n Cheese was very delicious too!
I guess I won’t have to worry about leftovers from this cook, no ribs and very little Mac n Cheese left!
icon_razz.gif

Thanks for looking and Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out here.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. What? No Mellow Yellow Jim? Think it was you that posted that Mellow Yellow commercial the last time I posted it in a cook..
icon_biggrin.gif

Say What!? Great looking food! Last chance mate...Never EVER have a dinner like this without me! OK?

Back