Family pack of Country Style Spareribs

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tony Weisse:
[qb]I'd sort of like to touch and feel a WSM before plunking down the dough for one. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The TVWB Research & Development Department is working closely with NASA and MIT to develop a haptic interface that would allow Web site visitors to wear "virtual gloves" to "feel" the WSM before purchase.

We're making good progress on this cutting-edge barbecue project, but in the meantime, please enjoy all the photos I've posted in the Product Info section of the Web site. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Seriously, Tony, your comment is one of the reasons I created TVWB. I realized that lots of folks had no way to see the WSM in detail before purchase, because it's not carried in many stores. Even though I can't help you touch one (NASA and MIT, please give me a call), I hope you find all the photos useful in your decisionmaking process.

Regards,
Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tony Weisse:
[qb] Dennis,

So where did you get the WSM? I've checked all over the place and can't find any locally. I will eventually go the Amazon route if need be, but I's sort of like to touch and feel a WSM before plunking down the dough for one. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't have a WSM yet. I smoke on my weber kettle for now. But I'm getting very good at it. I can hold a temp of 240 for a long time. I even had one burn last 12 hours without adding charcoal using the minion method. With almost no babysitting I might add. So I think when I get my WSM I'll actually have a good handle on the use and temp controls already. Which if all goes well I'll be ordering it from amazon on Monday or Tuesday /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Listen to chris! I've been reading these forums for the last few weeks now and I can honestly say I do not need to touch or play with one to buy it. I've heard all I need from here and other sites to know that it would be well worth the money.
Just from reading about the many BBQ's sessions people have had with and the success with such ease of use. I know already it's an amazing unit. And I cannot wait to get it. I thought about going with a cheap Brinkman or something else a while back just to get me by for now. But the more I read about the WSM the more I figured why waste my money on something after a while I'll probobly never use after I get a WSM. Especially when I can smoke really good on my kettle. So I decided the best thing to do is wait till I have the dough to get one. I know I'll be using it probobly 10 years from now.

Actually who knows maybe someday I'll have more then one WSM. I am getting better everytime I BBQ. And I get raving results so far from friends and neighbors of mine from what I've done on my Kettle so far. So who know's maybe sometime I'll end up doing party's for people and actually making some money doing BBQ. That would be awesome! I do this with PC's. Have been for years. Computers are one of my hobbies. And I build, fix them every now and then for some extra cash on the side. I think I could make pretty good money if I advertised. But I leave it at word of mouth. Everyone always pleased with what I build them. I'd like BBQing to be the same. I love doing it!

I would sugest the next time you do country style spare ribs on the weber kettle is to grill indirect for about one and a half hours.Rub the ribs with your favorite rub and do not brush anything on them until the last 30 minutes.HAPPY BBQ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gary merrill:
[qb] I would sugest the next time you do country style spare ribs on the weber kettle is to grill indirect for about one and a half hours.Rub the ribs with your favorite rub and do not brush anything on them until the last 30 minutes.HAPPY BBQ [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>An hour and a half? Even when your cooking low and slow. I was cooking at temps between 210 and 250f. So would those cooking times still apply? I guess I never checked the meat after that short of a cooking time. I will next time though. Maybe I'll have better results with a short cooking time.

On the method that I just mentioned is not low and slow. I am talking about indirect heat,25 coals on each side of your weber grill with an aluminum drip pan in the middle.Place your preferd soaked wood chunks on top ofthe coals.I know this is not bbq,but the results will be great.HAPPY BBQ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gary merrill:
[qb] On the method that I just mentioned is not low and slow. I am talking about indirect heat,25 coals on each side of your weber grill with an aluminum drip pan in the middle.Place your preferd soaked wood chunks on top ofthe coals.I know this is not bbq,but the results will be great.HAPPY BBQ [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll try your method sometime. I don't care if it's considered BBQ or not. If it tastes good that's all that matters to me!

the thing about country ribs is sometimes they're not pork butt - instead they turn white and dry out. i think they're probably ribs from the loin, cause they have that same consistency as dried out loin chops. i've been tricked into buyin' em once myself. but as they say, once burned......

Brandt
Depending on the part of the country or the supplier they can be from different cuts, out here on the west coast they normally do use butt to cut country style ribs.
Jim

I thought I was buying country-style ribs this past weekend. The meat case had nothing labeled as such specifically, but there were packages that looked like them labeled "pork slices". It ended up being a mix of pork butt and the ribs Brandt describes. They served their main purpose, though-- to baste the brisket on the lower grate. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brandt irvine:
[qb] the thing about country ribs is sometimes they're not pork butt - instead they turn white and dry out. i think they're probably ribs from the loin, cause they have that same consistency as dried out loin chops. i've been tricked into buyin' em once myself. but as they say, once burned...... [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You know that's what I think I had. It just was'nt the same as a pork butt. The meat seemed more dense and white. Similiar to a pork chop. Even the way it came apart and was a bit dry just like chops. So I'm thinking there werent actually slices of pork butt but maybe the loin like you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back