Falafel

Tim Campbell

TVWBB Guru
Had a hankering for good falafel. So I made some. Indoor cook on this one except for the pitas.

Made the mix. This was a pretty basic recipe. One cup quality chickpeas soaked for about 15 hours. A ton of herbs, cumin, ground coriander seed, garlic, cayenne. I'm out of sambal oelek; hence, the cayenne. Some scallions and salt, too. Rested in fridge for ~ 1 hour.

20240219_215255.jpg

Fresh pitas.
20240219_220837.jpg

Fried at about 375°.
20240219_220910.jpg

20240219_224140.jpg

Wrapped with cuke, tomatoes, feta, hummus and tahini. Served alongside some pilaf that didn't make the shot. Really wish I had that sambal, too.
20240219_224203.jpg

Tasty stuff. Thanks for looking.

Tim

Chips! You must add French fries (chips) for that authentic experience. Those look great.

You can cheat the soaking method by boiling a bunch of water and then place the dried chickpeas in the boiled water (shut the heat source off), cover them and let sit one hour. Rinse and wash 2-3 times and then your chickpeas are hydrated for the food processor.

Chips! You must add French fries (chips) for that authentic experience. Those look great.

You can cheat the soaking method by boiling a bunch of water and then place the dried chickpeas in the boiled water (shut the heat source off), cover them and let sit one hour. Rinse and wash 2-3 times and then your chickpeas are hydrated for the food processor.
Yeah, I've done that, too. This is a more hands-off approach. Rancho Gordo beans.

Back