Ex4 arriving tomorrow!

Jonny M

I guess I should introduce my self! I’m Jonny, I live in Reading England and have been a lurker here for 3-4 months! I have a smokefire EX4 being delivered tomorrow and have plenty of meat on its way to get started! I’ll take it easy for my first cook, I plan to do a couple of ribeyes with the grill master blend to break it in! I would be interested to see the differences between the UK and the US versions, I believe that we have different grates, the unit ships with the hopper slide and potentially deeper grease channels!

Welcome, Jonny! Snap a few pics as you get familiar with your new grill, and show us what you can do with it! :)

Rich

Can’t wait to see the difference my self. I think you guy get the GBS grates, good luck they are a lot of fun to grill and smoke with.

Apologies I have been busy with all the corona virus stuff going on! As far as I can tell the grease channels are the same! The pellet slide did come already installed! I also noticed that the auger was Rev D which I believe is an old design? It’s not clear when the U.K. version has been built? I find it odd that it has some new parts and some old parts! Oh and the sealant in the pellet hopper looks like it was done by a 5 year old 😂😂

Apologies I have been busy with all the corona virus stuff going on! As far as I can tell the grease channels are the same! The pellet slide did come already installed! I also noticed that the auger was Rev D which I believe is an old design? It’s not clear when the U.K. version has been built? I find it odd that it has some new parts and some old parts! Oh and the sealant in the pellet hopper looks like it was done by a 5 year old 😂😂
LOL, good luck with it! I love my EX6 even though it can be a pain in the ***!

Understood Jonny, priorities are stay safe/healthy.
Ok on grease channels and agree that mixed parts is interesting.

Back