ET-73 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
ET-73 Problem update: As mentioned in my last post, Maverick would not ship a "new" replacement ET-73 before receiving the non working original ET-73 and a second non working transmitter they had sent.

I waited a couple of weeks and finally received the "new" replacement unit.

Opened the box, and there it was. A used, scratched and not working either, ET-73!

At first, I though they had just returned my old one in a new box, but as I looked again, I noticed the plastic window on the transmitter scratched, smeared with grease, and pry marks on the battery cover. Something I would not have done.

Called Maverick today. No one available to talk to me but "will get back to me tomorrow".

However, the woman on the phone (but not from customer service) did say "Maverick would have never done something like that". I asked her if she was suggesting that I would make this whole thing up. She responded, "well, I'm just saying we wouldn't do that and I don't know what customer service will do for you."

So, we will see what happens.

I am not in the habit of bashing or complaining of companies or products but this is one case where I am making an exception. Simply for the reason that our friends on these fine BBQ sites should be made aware of problems such as this.

I am sure there are people who have had a good experience with Maverick products however, I find based on the attitude of the people I have spoke with, three + weeks of no working unit, the second replacement transmitter didn't work either and the returning of everything at my expense only to receive a "repackaged" non working unit is clearly beyond a terriable company in my book.

I will post any positive events (if any) to be fair but I don't have much hope for this being resolved in the near future.

I nevery had any problems w/ their customer service.

Why not cut your loses and get the refund! Look in to Nu-Temp701 as an alternative or get a GURU!!

GURU
icon_biggrin.gif
Bryan

I purchased the ET-73 from a dealer who says this is now between me and Maverick.

Maverick on the other hand says they will replace but not refund.

I'm sure one of them will reimburse me if this can't be resolved soon but as of now, neither is offering.

Ordered mine from N. tool and it is flawless. Got it last thursday and it works exactly as advertised. I wonder if one particular retailer got some bad ones?

I spoke with Debbie at Maverick customer service yesterday and they are sending me a new receiver. She was as nice as she could be. But I have had my ET-73 for a month or so and have not had a trouble-free use of it yet. I hope the new one is better.

Mike

I've had pretty good success with my ET-73, although it didn't transmit too well through Abu Ghraib and a few interior walls. What I do hate is that you have to take off the little cover to turn on the transmitter. Stupid design.

By the way, here's some of my problems with Polder customer service:
http://forums.egullet.com/index.php?showtopic=22752&st=0&hl=polder

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Here are the wonderfully thoughtful and well stated responses I got to my emails telling Polder that their dual-use oven thermometers suck.

My kind, understanding, and constructive email:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Subject: Your Products Suck.

Text: I have bought two Polder Dual Sensor Thermometers and
two replacement probes (for $10). They simply do not
work. I tried using them last night for barbeque. I
had one probe poked through a potato and resting grate
level -- not touching metal. Another stuck into the
pork shoulder. The first had "oven" and "food"
temperatures of about 325 and 400 -- even though they
should have had the same reading. The second had a
food temperature over 200, even though it was in the
middle of an uncooked piece of meat.

I took them off and put the probes in the fridge, but
the still registered over 100.

I don't know how you get away with selling such bad
products.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first response:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>OUR UNIT YOU CAN'T LEAVE IT IN THE BARBEQUE BECAUSE THE WILL GET BURN
AND
THE UNIT WILL STOP WORKING AND SAY VEY HIGH LEVEL OF READING OR SAY HI
. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I told them that the bbq never got above 300 degrees, they wrote this lovely ditty:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>YES BUT THIS IS TO BE USED IN THE OVEN AND IF YIU ARE GOING TO USE IT
IN THE
BBQ YOU CAN USE IT AS AN INSTANT READING.THIS IS BECAUSE THE BBQ
CONTAINS
FLAMES.AND WILL BURN THE CORD PART OF THE PROBE <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to their website, these probes are good up to 570 degrees.

(Yes, the spelling errors, all-caps, and general level of illiteracy come from Polder.) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back