England score in North America

Paul Warner

TVWBB Super Fan
Having moved across the pond nearly 2 months ago I've resisted buying any grills to collect, refurb or just buy for no apparent reason. However, this guy popped up and i jumped in the truck and grabbed it! In superb condition, burners look good, grease tray like new but flav bars had fallen apart! Frame barely needs painting and wood shelves wont need much work? Any advice where to get flav bars from !?!! IMG_5388.jpegIMG_5389.jpegIMG_5390.jpeg

I am thinking you can use Genesis 1000 flavorizer bars and just cut them down to size.

Wow she’s a looker! I stumbled on one a couple years ago in nearly the same condition but opted out of the 6+hr drive.

Enjoy

That’s going to be your easiest route. Because the Jr. is much shorter left to right you won’t use all 13 bars.

That’s going to be your easiest route. Because the Jr. is much shorter left to right you won’t use all 13 bars.

The Junior goes to 11

AIL4fc-iefYrZdf_nSVZ7sUwfG-922A6qObGDRMZ4xDpy-hbuc3_XfLfaKamK8q3r0WG-Toug7l8HqcSQuO-zpp6KJDqtr7d_iqP-Nxw8p5B-g0E3_9Zo2mF=w600

Having moved across the pond nearly 2 months ago I've resisted buying any grills to collect, refurb or just buy for no apparent reason. However, this guy popped up and i jumped in the truck and grabbed it! In superb condition, burners look good, grease tray like new but flav bars had fallen apart! Frame barely needs painting and wood shelves wont need much work? Any advice where to get flav bars from !?!! View attachment 74281View attachment 74282View attachment 74283
Wow. Very nice find and in superb condition - beautiful piece of Weber history right there! You even have the warming rack. That is the first solid rod grate I've seen on a Junior and it seens to be a one-piece grate, Wondering if it might have been from something else? As others have mentioned, a set of 1000 flavorizers will fit if you cut down the east/west bars (and you will only use six of the north/south bars). But get stainless so you can cut (not porcelainized steel). What a gem!

Wow. Very nice find and in superb condition - beautiful piece of Weber history right there! You even have the warming rack. That is the first solid rod grate I've seen on a Junior and it seens to be a one-piece grate, Wondering if it might have been from something else? As others have mentioned, a set of 1000 flavorizers will fit if you cut down the east/west bars (and you will only use six of the north/south bars). But get stainless so you can cut (not porcelainized steel). What a gem!
John, it is certainly in v good condition. i have stripped grill down and over time will spray the frame and get firebox and end caps sandblasted. Only rust spots are on both feet of frame but nothing that cannot be fixed. The tube caps need replacing and i have assumed that they are same as the ones elsewhere on the grill. My guess is that the grate was as supplied even though previous ones i have seen show the porcelain coated x 2 which are still available to buy. For flav bars i splurged on these

The wooden shelves are in as new condition so still have that original sort of dull orange finish which i want to maintain so will try and find something (wax or oil or something) to enhance the appearance, suggestions welcomed!

Paul,
You won't be disappointed in those flavorizer bars from Dave Santana "rcplanebuyer." @LMichaels is right that he would have saved you a few bucks had you contacted him through Craigslist, but at least you are getting exactly what you need. I didn't know that Dave even marketed the smaller number of bars for the Jr. Of course, they are identical to the original Genesis, just fewer bars. Smart of him to offer that, though. He is a great friend of grill fans like us.

Back