Enchiladas verdes...( green sauce enchiladas)

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
We are working on green sauce enchiladas. My mom would make this more than the red ones. Smoked-grilled the chicken with peach wood chunks. Seasoned with webers beer can chicken. This is what we have do far. We are taking a little refreshment break and will continue soon...
Thank you for your patience...:)
1376192462.jpg

So lets get started...
In a pot boil 8 tomatillos and 9 Serrano chiles. Then in a blender add 3 garlic cloves, 1/4 onion, 1/4 bunch of cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Then add 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Blend it good.
1376202730.jpg

1376202737.jpg

Then in a pot or what ever you have add oil and the green sauce and bring to a boil. Then remove and let it cool down.
1376202741.jpg

In a CI add oil and warm up the corn tortillas. Don't crisp them
1376202746.jpg

Then roll your enchiladas with the chicken and put the on a dish.
1376202748.jpg

1376202757.jpg

1376202759.jpg

Then add your chesse. We used queso fresco and indirect heat on the weber for about 15 min.
1376202763.jpg

Plated with sour cream and finely chopped onion and pour a little more sauce.
1376202765.jpg

Thanks for looking.
-Tony and Maribel

I made som enchiladas a few weeks ago...But it dident looks as good as that! I cant find tomatillos around here...Heck i couldent even find seeds to grow some myself. Is there anything you could use instead? That still tastes authentic? Awesome looking dish MrT/Maribel!

Gorgeous! Do Tomatillos or Serranos add that much heat? I thought italian cooking used the most garlic, but all your cooks are showing me something different. Ha.

I made som enchiladas a few weeks ago...But it dident looks as good as that! I cant find tomatillos around here...Heck i couldent even find seeds to grow some myself. Is there anything you could use instead? That still tastes authentic? Awesome looking dish MrT/Maribel!

This brand of Victoria is pretty authentic. I have used it before. I don't know if its something you can get over there..
http://www.lavictoria.com/products/enchilada-sauce/

Looks like you can buy it online according to their website.

Gorgeous! Do Tomatillos or Serranos add that much heat? I thought italian cooking used the most garlic, but all your cooks are showing me something different. Ha.

The serranos are the ones with the heat. This style of enchiladas are suppose to have heat. We love garlic!!
Most recipes require it...:) if not we add it...lol

Back