Easy-install temperature gauge I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B. Foster

TVWBB Fan
All,

I was at the local Wal-Mart today looking for various things when I found a heavy duty temperature gauge by 'The Grill Care Company'. I can't vouch for how well it works yet because I have yet to get the smoker going. What I can tell you is that it's threaded 7/8" and it screws perfectly into one any of the top vent holes. I was dreading drilling, I'll let you know how it works after testing.
icon_wink.gif

(Sorry for putting this in the wrong group, I added it to the modifications forum)

B.,
I would calibrate it in boiling water first, (before) using it for a cook. It should read 212* +/- a degree or two when the water is boiling. Good luck and welcome aboard!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
B.,
I would calibrate it in boiling water first, (before) using it for a cook. It should read 212* +/- a degree or two when the water is boiling. Good luck and welcome aboard! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Larry,

I checked it with my other thermometers that I know are calibrated. It's set perfectly it seems.

(Since you threw one out)

Vikes Fan since I was 5. They'll choke again I'm sure. Dammit.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Vikes Fan since I was 5. They'll choke again I'm sure. Dammit. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't know they look awful good this year! But I know what you mean, they have looked great before and choked!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Hays:
Vikes are pretty good! They have http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133263
icon_biggrin.gif
(UCF Graduate)
icon_wink.gif
...oops
icon_smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, he's on fire! With the luck I've had watching them over the years he's due for some sort of combining accident that lops off his big toe.
icon_wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back