Easter Weekend Cooks

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
PICTURES

So what's everyone cooking this weekend? As for me I've got a JD/Maple Syrup Turkey brining, I'll be doing a few rack of ribs and roadside chicken. Of course a few Miller Lites will be consumed too
icon_wink.gif
Will be beautiful weather, sunny and 70, perfect cooking weather.

Damn, that bird was soooooo good. Ed C. came by and it turned into quite the party. Good time. Hope everyone else is enjoying their cooks. As for me, I'm nursing a hangover

doing a turkey for easter dinner too. just picked up a "self basting" butterball so no brining. i'll either use some dizzy pig salt feee dizzy dust or salt free raging river on it.

Picked up a turkey breast last night that'll be going into the JD/Maple brine tomorrow morning.

Wow. I thought I was one of the very few doing a turkey. Guess not!

Just threw my turkey into the huge ziploc bag along with the brine I made (always create my own concoction). 13.5lb turkey

Oh, and I smoked some cheese for the first time ever so that I can use it for mac & cheese on Sunday! I tasted a small piece of the cheddar and monterrey jack...love it. Smoked these with red oak.

i'll be grilling a boneless leg of lamb that i'll marinate for a day or so in yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and garam masala

20 Pounds of pork shoulder went on the smoker at 0530 mountain time. Would have been an over-nighter but one of the neighbors insisted on doing shots last night and disrupted my plans, and now my head is pounding like a drum. Looks like it's going to be a quiet (lazy) day around here.

Did a turkey Friday night. Just put some homemade creole seasoning and a little extra 'Slap yo Mama' to add a little heat.

I've got an idea for a pork loin (gonna be similar to Steven Raichlen's tapenade pork recipe) that I'm gonna be working on today.

I've got to work Easter, so I'm going to leave instructions for my brother to put the pork on the kettle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dale Perry:
BBQing a ham for Sunday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dale,
I'm planning on doing a ham also. Never done one before and don't have a game plan yet. Weber's "Recipe of the Week" is "Barbecued Ham with Sticky Orange Glaze". I'll probably go that route modified to go on the WSM rather than the kettle.

How are you doing yours?

Just found out we're having a couple more people. I got another turkey breast that I'll inject w/ Creole Butter. Haven't tried it before, but I've heard good things.

Well things are not looking good. Didn't get the bird on until 5:30 p.m. and they've already had to make a beer run (It's only 6:00 p.m.). Looks like it's a late dinner for us. The cherry wood does smell amazing though. Pictures (above) are updated.

I did a turkey breast this afternoon. Just a little salt, pepper, olive oil and fresh parsley. Used a few apple wood chunks. 6 1/2 pound bird and after about 2 hours, temps hit 165. Was very good...juicy, and a nice smoke flavor.

Served it with some roasted vegetables (carrots, red potatoes, and asparagus) and dinner rolls. Getting ready to have some strawberry shortcake to finish things off.

I have a leg o lamb stuck and the slits filled with about 15 cloves of garlic, then marinating in EVOO and chopped fresh herbs from my garden for about 24 hours. Going to cook it at 225 for about four hours.

Back