Early Father's Day Present

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I haven't been able to do any barbequing for a while. We live in an area where fire danger is extreme throughout the summer. We have nearly 11 acres of country property, and each year I have to spend 6-8 weeks on fire control. That is mainly weedeating the entire properties. That makes for long days, and exhausted nights. Fortunately my wife loves to cook also. The other day, after hearing me comment on all the 14 1/2 WSM's I see on the Board, she said she wanted to get me an early Father's Day Present. I couldn't resist and we headed in to town and she bought me my very own 14 1/2er. Haven't been able to fire it up yet, but hopefully will soon. Here's a couple of pic's to tide me over until next cook.

Resting patiently.

Ta Daaaa!

Still spending a little time on the Board in mornings and evenings enjoying all your fantastic posts. See you down the road.

Last edited:
Now that's an awesome wife and Father's Day present! Can't wait to see some pics of you breaking the 14.5 in. Good luck this summer, I hope it is quiet & uneventful.
Tim

Cliff, I've had mine for about a month and have not been able to fire it up yet. Gonna try this weekend. Good luck.

Very nice score but Mothers Day hasn't even passed and you have your Fathers Day gift already!!! You better not screw up Mothers day and make it extra special!!!

I got my 18.5 last Memorial Day, for Father's Day last year. Probably my favorite Father's Day gift ever! Have fun with that bad boy

.How cool is that! That's a great wife you've got there. Got the same problem here in the mountains of Arizona, just bone dry and lots of wind this year, so the performer and mini don't get used too much have to use the gassers for safety

Back