Duraflame?

Brad H.

TVWBB Fan
I use natural lump now but I'm interested in giving Duraflame briqs a shot...heard many good things concerning less ash and a loong burn time but availability is iffy...I have a chance at getting bags of both their regular or their hardwood briqs...which is best for a long butt cook?

Brad, I've used their briquettes for awhile and love them. They maintain a nice even heat. The hot coals don't seem to get smothered out in ash like Kingsford. Don't get me wrong there is ash but not like Kingsford. Problem I have is getting a resupply of Duraflame. My stash is running out. I happened to stumble across some last year and stocked up.

I've used the Duraflame hardwood briquettes on multiple cooks and have went 13+ hours on one load using the MM with no water with charcoal left over.

You may want to consider trying the Rancher charcoal at Home Depot people are raving about on here, it's made the same way as the Duraflame hardwood briquettes (just charcoal and a starch binder) and cost less. Gonna pick up a bag to try out myself.

Back