Dry, No Nothing Spares

Bob Mann

TVWBB Honor Circle
I St. Louis cut 2 racks of spare ribs, slathered them with yellow mustard and lightly coated them with my standard pork rub (sucralose, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and a little cayenne powder.).

I cooked them on my 22 1/2" WSM at 275F, using KBB and a few hickory chunks. I didn't foil, mop, spritz or sauce them, I just let them go, untouched. They were toothpick tender in about 4 hours.

They came out really good. They were moist, tender with a great bark. I'm kinda liking the ribs made this way!

After about 3 hours, when I started toothpick testing.
yy7y.jpg

Done.
h9rz.jpg

Pot of ribs.
xxsl.jpg

Served with a little rub on them.
5sge.jpg

Beer o' the day.
no9f.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Excellent Bob! I'll be doing a very similar rack on Thursday (one dry and one sauced). Hope it turns out like yours!!

I do mine like that about half the time Bob, love it. Yours came out gorgeous. Want to try something else that is what i cook if just for myself? Don't put mustard or a rub of any kind, just some fresh ground black pepper and Kosher about an hour before you cook them. Love em. The simple pork flavor is fabulous.

I do mine like that about half the time Bob, love it. Yours came out gorgeous. Want to try something else that is what i cook if just for myself? Don't put mustard or a rub of any kind, just some fresh ground black pepper and Kosher about an hour before you cook them. Love em. The simple pork flavor is fabulous.

Agreed. There is a lot to be said about keeping ribs simple now & then. I like your cook Bob.

Bob you always make outstanding ribs, that bark is to kill for. Icould eat that pot of ribs, right up thanks.

Back