Dry Aged Moulard Duck

Wow, that looks great. When you say "aged" does that mean dry aged sort of like a rib-eye or something?

I have a rotisserie that I haven't used much but was thinking about getting it out soon and doing a pre-Thanksgiving turkey trial. This is definitely adding some inspiration. Of course, we never know what the weather is going to be like here St. Louis in November, but normally we cook our birds outside unless weather is really terrible.

Wow, that looks great. When you say "aged" does that mean dry aged sort of like a rib-eye or something?

I have a rotisserie that I haven't used much but was thinking about getting it out soon and doing a pre-Thanksgiving turkey trial. This is definitely adding some inspiration. Of course, we never know what the weather is going to be like here St. Louis in November, but normally we cook our birds outside unless weather is really terrible.

I hear ya on the weather for sure! Exact same as dry aging a rib eye. Bit of funk, concentrated flavor, moisture loss. Always age the ducks for a couple weeks now. Seems to add a lot in my minda and super easy and don't take up much spsce.. Get the rotisserie out!!

Not this time, running a bit too hot too get nicely rendered stuff! But there's always a good amount around!
Lucky you! SWMBO is not a lamb, duck, goat, rabbit, et al. fan as much as I do. I grew up with goose for Christmas, Lamb for Easter, turkey at Thanksgiving, standing roast of beef Christmas Eve and ham for New Year’s Day.
Damn, that makes me feel old.

Back