Drip Tray Option

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Looks like Qlimetal - a company that I respect above the sea of herevtodsy, gone tomorrow companies with odd sounding names on Amazon - has answered the call for replacement large grease trays on older grills. Not cheap, but at least there is someplace to get them:

For Silver/Gold/later Platinum Genesis grills (and also Spirit 300s):

Here’s one for the Silver A (and some newer Spirits). Looks better than the cheap aluminum one Weber included with the Silver A:

Now we just need to get Qlimetal to make a tray for the earlier 13-bar Genesis models!

Although this tray is intended for 300 series front control grills, I understand that some have adapted it to use on x000 Genesis grills since the dimensions are close:

Last edited:
Wait...what?

I think that is a very reasonable price! It might be too steep for a flip grill, but certainly within reason for a keeper. That's very good news, Jon!

Agree!
Not too bad to fix a grill. And hopefully get a few more years oit of.
Maybe a bit too expensive to replace one you do not want to clean, but at least an option

Although this tray is intended for 300 series front control grills, I understand that some have adapted it to use on x000 Genesis grills since the dimensions are close:

I see a couple of issues here that I question.

1. There is no heat deflector attached to the bottom of the tray.
I have often wondered how big a need those really are. Is it a must,
or did Weber have a few lawyers looking over the design engineers shoulders?

2. 300 front control drip tray, but it includes a Spirit II catch pan. I hope that
was simply an error in the media dept, and that they are not being shipped out
that way.

Yeah, Dave, I definitely noticed the lack of a heat shield. I have never been sure myself about that, but am wrestling with it on the 300 LP I have where the heat shield is badly corroded - too corroded to just bolt back on. I am tempted but afraid to just remove the shield.

On the other issue, I think your suggested reason is exactly right.

There are lots of discount coupons listed with the items as well. So don't let the initial pricing scare ya off. Looks like they're testing the waters. If they sell well, I am sure you will see them continue

Yah, kind of odd, but on the front control 330 I picked up today, the pan was shot, but the heat shield was in decent shape.

Looks like Qlimetal - a company that I respect above the sea of herevtodsy, gone tomorrow companies with odd sounding names on Amazon - has answered the call for replacement large grease trays on older grills. Not cheap, but at least there is someplace to get them:

Here’s one for the Silver A (and some newer Spirits). Looks better than the cheap aluminum one Weber included with the Silver A:

Now we just need to get Qlimetal to make a tray for the earlier 13-bar Genesis models!

Jon, thats a good find and includes the bottom pan carrier too. At least its a new source of replacement and is porcelain. Mine that I got a few years ago from https://www.bar-b-que.com/drip-tray-for-older-weber-spirit-2-burner-grills-99251/ is holding up well, very easy to clean.

Good to have options!! Thanks, Jon!!

Back