Doing a big BBQ co0k for the office and am looking for some advise.

Good Luck Bob!
The most enjoyable part of cooking for a large group is serving them and then reading their faces as they begin to enjoy your Q. Relax and have fun with this.

Alright, it is time to relax and kick it for the night. Both Smokers are up to temp, holding very steady between 235 and 240. Just topped off the brinkmann water pan with Hot water. Gonna let the Briskets roll til about 2 a.m. when I will be putting on 4 fatties to feed the others that are helping put on the bbq at work.

I picked up the meat at Smart and Final in Orange. They have a pretty good selection usually. But I like to make sure I get it right when the shipments come in. It's the only place around here I have found that has Brisket. I use Costco for my Pork Butt.

The office is in LKF.
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info, I just picked up an 8.5 lbs brisket @ the "Beef Palace" in H.B..

Unfortunately LKF is a little far from JPL, so I'll just have to wish you the best here!

I'll have to give the "Beef Place" a try. The name makes the drive worth it. Sorry your gonna miss lunch
icon_smile.gif
The smoke is making me hungry now!!!!!

Ok, I am now roughly 7 1/2 hours into this cook and it is going smooth. Just finished prepping the Fatties, which I will put on around 2 to 2:30 am. Figure I'd give them about 4 hrs.

Well, lunch is over... so good. It makes the long overnighters so worth it when everyone just raves about your Q
icon_biggrin.gif

Brisket with Fatties

Brisket

The Briskets actually finished up about an hour earlier than I had hoped. Both smokers actually finished up right together, around 5:30 this morning. I was able to hold them 5 hours above the 140*F so it all worked out well. Thanks for everyones advice here, you are all awesome.

Oh, the Fatties rocked!!!!

Congrats Bob! I've been waiting all week to see how it would turn out. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through your Brisket party!

Keri C - I'll be hunting fatties the next time I'm shopping.

Thanks Keri, and Dave.
This was lots of fun - this is the first time I have ever cooked for this many people. It was so worth it.

I am tired now, and ready for some sleep
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I think I will be getting a guru to make the overnighters less stressful.

Again the Fatties rocked
icon_wink.gif

Has anyone tried the Jimmy Dean "Bold". Wow it is definately intense. I took that and stuffed it with Pepper Jack. yum

Back