Dogs pick owners

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
12400519_10205599090678506_4220079685667286049_n.jpg

Same here! Some people are not worthy of having a dog's company! Jim, seriously, what dog wouldn't pick you? :D

Yep it's not bad dogs but bad owners. I was working in Wicker Park today and all the day runners were taking the pooches for a stroll.
This yuppie piece of scum started yelling at the top of his lungs at his dog that " we don't stop when i'm running " and proceeded to drag the dog by his chain.
The pooch was just trying to do his business by a tree. I gave the punk an earful and he didn't appreciate it but I don't care.

Tim

I have the misfortune of living near a piece of rental property, and some of the previous tenants had a rottweiler and a smaller, chocolate-colored, shaggy dog (can't remember the breed) penned up in an 8' x 8' lot.

The owner did put a roof (tarp) over the lot, but the dogs had no house to sleep in. To make matters worse, cold winter rains puddled up inside the lot, and the dogs either had to lie down in shivering wetness or stand up (seen it happen). The dogs never got fed daily either.

I reported the situation to animal control, and they made the owners buy a house for each dog. The tenants moved out not long after, after other neighbors began complaining to them face to face.

Both our doxies are rescues. The second one was in a pen with a larger dog that wouldn't let her eat. We have to watch that she doesn't get round! That, and she can't hold her licker!

Couldn't agree more. Having two rescues now and four before these two Barb and I are well aware of the trauma these poor dogs went through. It takes a whole lot more time to win that trust back then it did to lose it. You know you have won the battle when your rescue runs to great you with tail wagging furiously when you come home, great feeling.

My favorite dog quote is "Be the person your dog thinks you are"
Not sure who said it but no matter what dogs are happy to see you!

Amen! Our Golden is our third rescued. What I can't figure out is we were the third owner in three years. Why? It took him at least six months with us before he realized he was home to stay.

Rich, sometimes when I'm on the way home, Pammi will open the door so our first doxie, Levi, can see when I pull up. Very heart warming to see his short self excited that I'm home!

Yep, some people just shouldn't have pets, period. We have had 3 rescues. Sydney, who is no longer with us. And now Myles & Blue.
Myles was 18 months old when we got him. Not sure what he went through. But with lots of TLC he is a happy guy.

Had an interesting thing happen the other day. Because I can't exercise like I used to and we have Whitney our two year old rescue that needs to get out and run, we go to the dog park at least four times a week. She gets a good hour of running and playing with her buds and Barb and I socialize with the owners. Well the other day in our conversation rescue dogs came up. Discovered that all sixteen of the dogs there were rescues, everyone. All of them having a great time and getting along perfectly. Got to say it made our day.

Sometimes dogs really do get to pick their owners. If they want to. In the past I transported thousands of dogs from kill pounds or kill shelters
to places where they would get a chance to find a home. They have an innate sense of who will help them and who will not. If you have the time
to get involved in rescue work it will not take long before you wonder just who is rescuing who, the person or the dog. One more thing, there is a
dog for everyone, if you have room in your home and your heart, go rescue one, or more if you can.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. We are on our 3rd rescue. I gotta tell you I'm not sure who rescued who.

Back