Didn't do as well as some...

Mike Cout

TVWBB Member
So after seeing a couple of you here saying you picked up the 14.5 Wsm at Walmart I decided to see what I could find. Walked in, clearance tag marked at $139. Decided to ask if there were any additional markdowns, they checked and said it wasn't listed as final markdown, so they took another $20. Told me if I wanted to see about getting it to $99 I'd have to talk to a manager about it. I figure I spend $20 on dumber things, so I'll take 40% off and run, instead of trying to fight for another $20.

Now it's time to set it up, think I'll get a psb going this weekend to break it in.

20160902_101048_zps2prchi57.jpg

Congrats! Nothing wrong with nearly half off retail. Once you get it seasoned you'll be amazed at how efficient and stable the 14 WSM is.

Nice score! I checked all three of our Wallys nothing but one Jumbo Joe Deluxe for $33, which I don't need.

Congrats on a great deal. The Walmarts in my are don't have any Weber's. It will be Craigslist or full pop Amazon for me. Don't forget to post pics of that first cook.

still an awesome deal! after i read about that sale, i went & checked the prices too, but they aren't even on sale here at all!

Yeah, Mike... I know how you feel about spending $20 on dumber things!

A few lucky people picked them up for $75. I waited for a week, but my Walmart never got lower than $99. I figured I might as well buy it, just in case the price never got any lower. The possible $24 savings were not worth the possibility of losing the deal.

Congrats on your new 14.5 WSM, like others of said, you are really going to enjoy using the little guy! Hold temps good and easy to adjust temp spot on!!!

i tried to get one least week for 79 bucks, asked for the manager, i think when i saw me waiting, he ran and hid. :(
i left empty-handed.

I've wanted one for long enough that I really couldn't pass it up. With my wife being a vegetarian I really only smoke stuff when there's people coming over. The 22" is just too inefficient to do something small, and while I've done the snake on my kettle for PSB in the past, I don't think it's quite the same. I did a seasoning cook on it today with some old frozen brats, and left for the fair after it'd been rolling 225-250 for 8 hours, got back and it was down to 160 or so. Looks like I'll be able to get it to easily do 10-12 hours on a chimney worth of charcoal. That's amazing to me.

Back