Decent indoor barbecue?

Kyle H.

TVWBB Fan
I've been severely craving some BBQ but I refuse to brave the harsh elements we've been having lately. So I come to my fellow BBQers with a request that may seem sacrilegious to some:

Do any of you have a decent recipe for indoor barbecue? I'm thinking oven ribs or slow-cooker pulled pork or... something along those lines. **** now that I think about it I might just make some deep fried buffalo wings. Nonetheless, my initial inquiry still stands. What say you my fellow smokers?

Howdy Kyle,Got the Jones for some Ribs I think I can help you out. Prep your ribs as you normally do. Give them a good rub wrap in plastic wrap and store in the icebox overnight. set your oven to 225--230 and pre heat it. unwrap the ribs and place them bones down on your broiler pan.Shake more rub on the meat side. Adjust the rack in the oven to one level down from the top slide the ribs in and close the door. Set your timer for 3 hrs. At three hrs take them out to foil. On the foil sprinkle some brown sugar along with some of your rub a good drizzle of honey and a squirt of blue bottle Parkay, lay the ribs meat side down in that mess and add the drippings from the broiler pan. close up the foil and go back in the oven for 2 hrs. After 2 hrs remove the ribs from the oven and take them from the foil and place meat side up back on the broiler pan. lower the oven rack 1 level and set the oven to Broil. allow the oven about 5 min to get hot and reintroduce the ribs broil for 20 min to firm them up and get a bark crusted. These will be as good as you get in any restaurant they just will not be smoky. * if you do BB cook 2 hrs foil for 1.

I sometimes use the smokey joe when cooking for just me and the wife, which never happens anymore. But truth be told on numerous occasions if it started to rain before I got my cook going I brought the smokey joe into the house. I have a big exhaust fan in my kitchen.
icon_biggrin.gif

If thats not your bag I have used Alton Browns "a rib for all seasons" cooking method and produced ribs that got rave reviews. Not bbq per se, but pretty good. Just treat your oven temps as you would your smoker temps. I also have use a crazy rib recipe from Cooks Illustrated with tea leaves as the smoke element. Also not bbq but its different.

AB:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/rec...ck-recipe/index.html

CI:
http://www.cooksillustrated.co...rticle.asp?docid=772

Ingredients:

* 1 boneless pork shoulder roast, about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds(I go for something a little leaner sometimes like loin)
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 1 bottle (12 ounces) barbecue sauce, your favorite
* 3 to 4 tablespoons honey, or to taste
* dash hot pepper
* sandwich rolls
* coleslaw, optional

Preparation:
Place pork roast in a lightly greased 3 1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker. Combine onion, barbecue sauce, honey, and hot pepper; pour over roast. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7 to 9 hours. Serve on buns, topped with slaw, if desired.

Back