Cuban Sandwich Inspired Pork Loin Roll

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
First, we were away for the Memorial Day/Smoke Day weekend and I wasn't able to follow along with you guys. Wow! Great cooks everyone!!

Second, Becky M-M. If you see this post, this is the best post I've seen on this site, well, ever. It sums up our addiction to a tee. Out by the grills with family is the reason I love my hobby so much. You definitely made the most of it. All the best to you and your husband.

Third, on to my cook tonight. A butterflied pork loin stuffed with ingredients normally found in a Cuban sandwich.

Butterflied loin brushed with yellow mustard, then ham, then Swiss cheese, then pickles. Sorry for the pic quality. The prep was done inside and the light in our kitchen is less than ideal.

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

Then tied up and ready for the grill.

IMG_0297.jpg

Started out at 55*

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

About a 1/2 an hour in it was at ~100* so I turned it and added some corn.

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

At about 45 minutes it was done so it came off with the corn.

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

Then a center cut piece was plated with a sloppy end piece and the corn and a simple red leaf salad.

IMG_0304.jpg

Really, really good! Maybe try a mustard Swiss sauce next time.

Thanks for looking and again, great job everyone on Smokeday!

Love this forum!!

Dang Don, you could write a book on pork tenderloin! Easy to follow directions, followed up with one fantastic cook! Great looking meal and photos!

This looks incredible. Did you put cheese on the outside as well? I'm trying it this weekend! Might try it with stone mustard for some spicy/flavor.

Don, I think you invented the Cuban loin roll. Awesome! So impressed... Have you considered trying the concept as a fattie?

That looks pretty delish Don. How were the pickles cooked ??? That is something I am on the fence about
icon_wink.gif
but everything else looks pretty spot on to me.

Thanks, everyone!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Curtis:
This looks incredible. Did you put cheese on the outside as well? I'm trying it this weekend! Might try it with stone mustard for some spicy/flavor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope, no cheese on the outside but like I said, I think a Swiss cheese sauce would go really well with this. Also, if you have the time (we didn't), I'd brine it for a little while after butterflying.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeremy Calow:
How were the pickles cooked ??? That is something I am on the fence about </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They're not...well, at least not before going into the roll-up. They cook along with the loin. Give them a try. They make the dish.

If PICKLES could talk....
IMG_0295.jpg

...they'd be SCREAMIN' <span class="ev_code_GREEN">WE LOVE YOU DON!</span>
Outstanding!!

Back