Crimson red weber

David-B

TVWBB Super Fan
is there any issues with this red finish on a performer? I found one new, thought I read once about some issues with it...it's not the color I desire the most but it is nice and the grill has the metal table on it

The red finish on my crimson kettle is OK, but it does have a very matte look and not the slick, shiny porcelain look I would expect of Weber. I don't know if it has to do with restrictions on chemicals needed to make certain colors. I picked up a slate blue kettle late last year, and it has the same dry, matte finish. On the other hand, I also bought a new "Indigo" kettle from Ace last fall, and it has a very nice shiny finish.

See if you see the difference:

IMG_8092.JPEG

Not gonna lie Jon, if I could turn my slate blue performer into that indigo it would be done! That’s such a beauty!

is there any issues with this red finish on a performer? I found one new, thought I read once about some issues with it...it's not the color I desire the most but it is nice and the grill has the metal table on it
Sounds like a red performer??

I'm not sure there's a problem with the finish. There were some complaints that occurred with the limited edition red kettle that came out some years back, but the crimson kettle has had that "matte" finish for a few years now. They have them usually at the local ACE store, and I've always preferred the Green or copper kettles if I'm going for something other than black.

Should be a good purchase for you if you decide to go with it.

I'm not sure there's a problem with the finish. There were some complaints that occurred with the limited edition red kettle that came out some years back, but the crimson kettle has had that "matte" finish for a few years now. They have them usually at the local ACE store, and I've always preferred the Green or copper kettles if I'm going for something other than black.

Should be a good purchase for you if you decide to go with it.
I love the copper color, and green...the crimson caught my eye, with the black table top looks pretty darn good...I havent purchased yet but I am going to look it over again soon

Back