Cowboy lump charcoal

The Royal Oak now available at WalMart (at least at mine) is good stuff; decent burn time, easy light, great flavor.

If you have a Wegmans near your 'hood, they sell RO packaged under their own name.

If you find yourself near Philly, these guys have carried Hump Lump (my favorite):
Smith & Boyd
1901 E Lehigh Ave, 19125-1196
(215) 739-6700

Originally posted by Dave Hutson:
"Fountains of Wayne" country!

Fountains of Wayne went Chapter-7 and liquidated a couple of months back, unfortunately. In this economy, I doubt many people were buying $5000 patio furniture and tacky concrete sculptures
icon_smile.gif

I'm going to get to HomeTown Hearth and Grill tomorrow and see what Q'in' goodies they've got.

Peter, I’m sure you’ll find something of interest at Honetown. I know I always do! They usually have an okay select of wood chunks and a pretty good selection of Q toys like rib rack, thermometers, mops etc. They also stock Big Green Egg lump. I, personally, do not care for BGE. I’ve tried a couple of bags and been disappointed every time. A word of warning, so you don’t have sticker shock, if memory serves, the Wicked Good runs about $25 for a 20# bag.

Happy hunting!

chris

I should have read this topic before picking up more lump charcoal for my rib cook tomorrow. I just picked up a 40lb. bag of Cowboy....I'll return it on Monday and use Kingsford briquettes instead.
icon_frown.gif
I've never used Kingsford for as long as I've had my smoker.

Originally posted by Evan T:
I should have read this topic before picking up more lump charcoal for my rib cook tomorrow. I just picked up a 40lb. bag of Cowboy....I'll return it on Monday and use Kingsford briquettes instead.
icon_frown.gif
I've never used Kingsford for as long as I've had my smoker.
Evan, I sent you an email awhile back asking if you wanted any Humphrey's. I'm on my last 40lb. bag. I'll be going to Reading real soon for my anual load. Call me or email me Bud.
icon_wink.gif

I'll take a 40lb bag when you make your next trip to Reading. Let me know how much I owe you and I'll stop by your place.

Thanks!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back