Cover included?

Bill French

TVWBB Fan
I visited my local Home Depot a couple months ago and noticed they were including a cover along with the 18" WSM. I'm about to pull the trigger on one and checked their website tonight to see about availability. The description says the cover is sold separately. However, in the online review section a guy makes a comment about the included cover. So, did your WSM come with a cover included? I plan to pay the store a visit tomorrow.

I purchased one about two years ago, and the cover was included. I guess that might have changed, but my previous WSM came with one also, so they've been doing it a long time.

I bought my 18.5 " several years ago and the cover was included. The same was true with my 22" that I got two years ago. I just checked Amazon and the product description says the cover is included. I don't know why on the home depot site is saying the cover is sold seperatly. I have a sneaking feeling that HD says "Protect your investment with a cover" automaticaly with every grill, as a function of the website. Sloppy lazy design intended to upsell you on something you don't need.

The WSM comes with a cover. don't buy an extra one.

What's funny is Home Depot doesn't even sell a cover for the WSM. Just because I find it so stupid that they automaticly put the phrase on each grill, i'd go buy the grill from Lowes (which specfically states the cover is included) and then write a note to HD saying how you would have like to have purchased the grill from them, if only they included the cover just like lowes does. :cool:

The 18.5" WSM my wife got me last November came with a cover...could just be some standard blurb they put on the online article since most 'grills' don't come with covers.

Dave

Yep, you guys nailed it. Just lazy web site management. Weber includes the cover with all their WSMs. Picked my first one up today! Woo Hoo

Back