Costco ABTs

I picked these up on a whim. I don't recall the cost, but they were not too spendy.

My kids aren't fans of ABTs so I thought they would be a good snack while I'm smoking or grilling.

The air fryer is recommended, and that made it easy. I think they would be better smoked like when I make them by hand.

Were were they good? Yes.
Were they easy? Yes.

Great? No.

I only had four so I'll try the next batch on the smoker or grill.

Last edited:
I’ve tried them, they're OK. Nothing more, just OK. In a pinch they would be OK for something which is a feast? Nope, make your own! Speed of cooking is offset by driving across town to get them and get back home. I can make a dozen. Or two at home in that time. If you‘re in a pinch? Maybe.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I may get slapped for this: I'm a huge bacon fan but I am not crazy about it on other food items that I like as-is such as Jalapeno poppers, meatloaf, wrapped pork, etc.

My kids aren't fans of ABTs so I thought they would be a good snack while I'm smoking or grilling.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeños…

I am here to learn, and occasionally ask questions that are obvious to everyone but me.

What’s “ABTs”?

I’ve tried them, they're OK. Nothing more, just OK. In a pinch they would be OK for something which is a feast? Nope, make your own! Speed of cooking is offset by driving across town to get them and get back home. I can make a dozen. Or two at home in that time. If you‘re in a pinch? Maybe.

I agree. not even close to home made and I would not make a special trip to get these.

However, they were convenient and cooked quickly. 20 mins after I took them out of the freezer they were on a plate too hot to eat.

Gonna have to try those my wife makes them from scratch once in awhile would be nice to just plop a few in the Ninja or whatever. That brand makes great chicken strips also pretty sure that is what my wife buys for the grandaughter when she is here.

My wife is in Costco once a week its pretty close to us and I am there every few weeks to gas the car.

its easier to say or type ABT vs Bacon wrapped stuffed Jalapenos :D
I looked on a few free dictionary web sites, and a few slang dictionary sites, and “Atomic Buffalo Turds” was not mentioned.

It must be a tvwbb thing?

I think a bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeño is something I will just take everyone’s word for since I doubt I would ever try it.

Kinda like the concept of putting cheese on a perfectly good hamburger…

Cheers

ATB, pretty standard in the BBQ world:

I've never had an ABT where the bacon was cooked enough for my liking.

I crumble cooked bacon and combine it with cream & cheddar cheeses, spoon the mixture into jalapeno halves, and grill them until they're golden brown on top. I serve them with a side of chipotle ranch dipping sauce.

I've never had an ABT where the bacon was cooked enough for my liking.

I crumble cooked bacon and combine it with cream & cheddar cheeses, spoon the mixture into jalapeno halves, and grill them until they're golden brown on top. I serve them with a side of chipotle ranch dipping sauce.
I get that but, you need to come here for a feast some summer! One of my buddies and I have kind of finally dialed that in better, most of the time, there is a clinker now and then but, you can always enjoy another beverage and wait a few more minutes…2 or three times sometimes and if it’s more than three, I don’t remember.

I get that but, you need to come here for a feast some summer! One of my buddies and I have kind of finally dialed that in better, most of the time, there is a clinker now and then but, you can always enjoy another beverage and wait a few more minutes…2 or three times sometimes and if it’s more than three, I don’t remember.
Love it!!

I looked on a few free dictionary web sites, and a few slang dictionary sites, and “Atomic Buffalo Turds” was not mentioned.

It must be a tvwbb thing?

I think a bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeño is something I will just take everyone’s word for since I doubt I would ever try it.

Kinda like the concept of putting cheese on a perfectly good hamburger…

Cheers
I made these for some friends the other day: Big smiles all around, and a comment "You can never go wrong with bacon!" John, I highly encourage you to try these. Jeff Phillips' book "Smoking Meat" has a coupla good recipes. Two cautions - timing is 1), watch them after an hour or more, and 2) thin cut or thick cut bacon? You can mess around with the filling; I added some sour cream once to see what that would do - fine.
Only comment my wife has ever made about them (other than asking "Can you make some ABTs?") is that they can get expensive if making them for a large crowd.

I made these for some friends the other day: Big smiles all around, and a comment "You can never go wrong with bacon!" John, I highly encourage you to try these. Jeff Phillips' book "Smoking Meat" has a coupla good recipes. Two cautions - timing is 1), watch them after an hour or more, and 2) thin cut or thick cut bacon? You can mess around with the filling; I added some sour cream once to see what that would do - fine.
Only comment my wife has ever made about them (other than asking "Can you make some ABTs?") is that they can get expensive if making them for a large crowd.
I wonder how some Blue Cheese would work in them . . .

John, I highly encourage you to try these.
Bob- based on your reply I decided to try my hand at making these.

My first attempt was promising enough that I am going to try to perfect making them, so thank you.

I jury rigged a holder attached image (it was past sundown when I started) - I want to ask the forum- what are you using to cook these on the grill?

IMG_7149.jpeg

Back