Corn on the Cob (your method)

Tear back the husks, remove the silk, slather with butter and a touch of Kosher salt and black pepper then push the husks back up and tie the blossom end with butchers twine. Grill direct for about 5 minutes then indirect till the husks are dry and grill marked, about 20 minutes. Laripin!

I husk it and remove silk as much as possible. Throw on direct heat and roll often. Wait for kernels to brighten and maybe get a little char but not much at all. Remove cobs, butter, salt, eat! once in awhile I will "marinate" it with some spices and lime juice but usually nothing.

silk out, husk back on, direct till they be nice and charred, then fill a jar with hot water put couple sticks of melted butter in, butter stays at top, corn off grill take off husk, dunk in jar to evenly coat cob with butter, and eat with a smile.

I like your buttering up method Corey, especially for a crowd.

Our local corn is here now.
You know, the stuff that makes you want to eat the cob too
icon_smile.gif

Corn, in husk, on grill.

Once it's tender when I squeeze it it comes off the grill. I let it it sit for a few minutes then I remove the husks. The silk comes off pretty easily at that point. Then it gets butter and kosher salt.

Like some, I live around corn-fields, When I get it on the cheap, I'll change it up and slice it of the cob and make ba-corn.
5677006790_35473c8769_z.jpg

An idea I got from BryanS
icon_cool.gif
And since it's made on my OTG it's still on a grill and on-topic.
icon_smile.gif

Edit to add Bryan's recipe for Fried Corn.

Tim

So how do you lube your corn after you figured out how to cook it ???

Real butter is great. But I've found something I enjoy just as much if not more....

Coat cooked corn with homemade Garlic Olive Oil!

Originally posted by K Kruger:
Foil, imo, just causes the item inside to steam, not roast or grill. Like foiling potatoes for 'baking' or 'griling' - neither actually occurs - I'm not a fan.

I remove all the husk except the last inner leaves then roast indirect on a grill (or in an oven) or, if planning to be near the grill for a while (not a usual thing for me), I grill direct a couple or three minutes per side, rotating to cover all sides.

The inner husk dries and recedes (on the grill or in the oven) allowing some caramelization of the kernels and boosting flavor tremendously. The silk dries and comes off very easily after cooking, rather than trying to deal with ahead of time.

I often immediately smear with chipotle mayonnaise which the heat will cause to seize and set nicely.

Soaking in water does nothing.

Kevin, is the chipotle mayo made with the actual chile or with powder? Or does it matter?

I usually make it with the dried whole chile which I reconstitute first, but I have made it with canned chipotles and with powder many times. They all work. I add a little lemon juice and a bit of Worcestershire powder (you can use liquid) to good mayo (homemade or not), adjust salt, add white pepper; done.

Everyone else has covered the bases, so nothing for me to add really.

Have to say that I'd like to combine Timothy/Bryan S. style with Kevin's chile/mayo treatment.

Had a lot of good corn lately. Time to get some and cut from the cob and play with the cast iron on the grill for next batch.

In a pinch I just throw right into a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Sometimes I roll sometimes not. It always comes out good. The husks will turn brown/black. The flavor from the husks is nice.

On the grill I do peel off some of the husk as Kevin does. I like to let some kernels poke through to get a little char.

On the grill I also like to husk completely and roll them if I'm there to watch. Off the coals for the most part then on to add a little char.

I should experiment with some other finishes as the butter and salt is usually what I do.

Back