Coolest. Door mod. Ever!

It looks grrrrrrreat.

BUT

How practical is it? I'm not going to try sliding ribs, a butt, a brisket through the side. And when it's done, I am still going through the top. I don't need to peek, so really, whats the point?

Most (all?) mods I've seen serve a useful purpose. Unless your point was just the "bling" factor, I don't get it.

Looks cool but it's like putting pearls on a pig (not that I'm saying the WSM is a pig). IMO.

Last edited:
I do a lot of kielbasa on the lower grate, potatoes, chicken etc and that door would make it easier to get them in there. I have also slide whole racks of ribs into the bottom grate through the door many times

I do a lot of kielbasa on the lower grate, potatoes, chicken etc and that door would make it easier to get them in there. I have also slide whole racks of ribs into the bottom grate through the door many times

And roasting corn. And spritzing. And running probes out. Not losing all your heat to check on things. And to say you've never had a nightmare cook and had to try everything to save it, is just fibbing. Having that much access is awesome. It's airtight, so if I never use them, it's still a better seal than before! And yes, it looks darn cool! We'll see how I goes this weekend when break her in! I'll post that later.

Back