Contest cook site photos

Richard Laiche

Hello. I will be competing in my first contest next month and was hoping you guys can post some photos of your cook sites. I would like to get an idea of how they are set up. Or direct me to an existing thread. Thanks!

Too me, it's all about flow. Prep,cookers,washing station,relaxing and sleep. Depending on your site, That will determine your lay out. Some places are packed and you need every square inch. Some places are a little more relaxed. Depending on how many people you have on your team. You don't want to tripping over each other or needing the same space when it comes to turn in times. If you can, go check the site out first and get a few spot in mind. Then do a practice run on your lay out.

IMAG1906_zps417fed48.jpg

703_zpsf39a1438.jpg

IMAG1606_zps7e51df54.jpg

20140504_095030_zps2fa8d6c6.jpg

Here was mine last weekend:

11194410_650629525071942_6796415260413800758_o.jpg

Too me, it's all about flow. Prep,cookers,washing station,relaxing and sleep. Depending on your site, That will determine your lay out. Some places are packed and you need every square inch. Some places are a little more relaxed. Depending on how many people you have on your team. You don't want to tripping over each other or needing the same space when it comes to turn in times. If you can, go check the site out first and get a few spot in mind. Then do a practice run on your lay out.

IMAG1906_zps417fed48.jpg

703_zpsf39a1438.jpg

IMAG1606_zps7e51df54.jpg

20140504_095030_zps2fa8d6c6.jpg

Here's mine from my very first comp. It wasn't the best setup but it consisted of 2 folding tables, 2 18.5 WSMs, 1 18.5 kettle and 2 coolers. Can't wait to have a trailer setup one of these days like Todd up there! :)

rzK2NCol.jpg

Here's mine from my very first comp. It wasn't the best setup but it consisted of 2 folding tables, 2 18.5 WSMs, 1 18.5 kettle and 2 coolers. Can't wait to have a trailer setup one of these days like Todd up there! :)

rzK2NCol.jpg

The trailer is nice to have. Specialty being able to have a 84 inch prep table and fullsize fridge. But, It is a pain to deal with. Loading it up for the comp is no fun at all. Using it during the comp? Outstanding! Cleaning and loading after the comp? Crushing. I've done everything to make it as efficient as possible. Still takes hours with friends and family helping. Just not the right setup. I Now know why everyone rocks the canopy trailers. This is my future.

546_large_image_zps71vbqb5u.jpg

Kewl pictures.
Dwain... I cooked with Left Coast Q a week ago in Mesquite NV for my Masters.
Good people !!!

If you are looking for info on a particular comp...search for it on youtube and see if people have uploaded videos from past years...that should show you what the basic area/layout you have looks like...

Back